Prometheus lighter and Xikar Xi2

mtb996

Gorilla
Well, this wasn't a good weekend for my cigar accessories.

First, my Xikar, which has been sticking quite a bit lately finally indicated why, when half the tension spring fell out. I was heading to JRs anyway and they said "bummer, send it back as we don't have any in stock".

Then, I lost my second Prometheus lighter. I had one a couple years ago and it stopped sparking after about a year (the ignition wire broke internally). I never sent it back, as I didn't have the receipt. So, my wife bought me another prometheus a few months back and all the sudden it will not shut off and just drains all the fluid out. Now that I have 2 $50+ lighters that are unusable, I might as well send them back for repair. It will cost me $12 per lighter for repair, which really makes me feel like just buying $24 worth of cheapo throw-aways, but what the heck, the fancy ones do look nice.

So after reading the thread on colibri, it seems like none of the mid-priced butane lighters are worth a dime. I might give a Blazer a shot or just save up for the Dupont....

Are there any other good options to the Blazer in the $20-40 price range?

Got my replacement Xikar in the mail today. Fast turnaround, brand new cutter.

Xikar has fantastic customer service!:tu:tu

this is not in the mid-priced range, but go with a ronson. the styling isn't bad, it's sturdy, completely reliable, and you won't cry over losing it at $3 a pop.

if you're lookin to buy a x-tend, tho, PM me. i've got one i haven't used since getting the ronson.

I've been using Solo lighters for years and absolutely love them. Great construction, lifetime warranty, and I've never had a problem with any of their lighters (have 4-5 of them).

Back