Props to Palio

Jeebus

Maturing Primate
I have been a Palio cutter owner for quite some time now, and it truly is the best cutter i have ever used. I can cut any cigar cleanly that i put through it. Last night i had the biggest test so far when i had a Java 58. The stick didn't fit into the cutting hole evenly so i had to literally cut (the) corners off of it. It took two cuts but i got it cut very nicely without any strands hanging off, or pieces of tobacco sticking out. I will admit it wasn't perfect but it still managed to do the job. Thanks Palio! "A Cut Above"

Glad you love it so much... Every time I hear things like this about Palio, I want more and more to pick one up, but I just don't have the money.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I can't say enough positive things about my palio; that SOB is as sharp or sharper than the day I bought it! :ss

At the moment, there are no Palio deals near me, but I can't wait to get one! I've heard fantastic things, and I really want to try it!

Great cutter, got one for my wife for Xmas (she had it on her list). I want to have her trade it out for my xicar, she won't.

what makes these better than the xikars?
I love my xikar but these seem to be the new trendy cutter around here :)

I am so excited to get mine. I had to jump on that group buy. I got 2 for myself, one for my brother and one for my mom/dad... I come from a cigar smoking family. :ss

TMoney said:
At the moment, there are no Palio deals near me, but I can't wait to get one! I've heard fantastic things, and I really want to try it!

www.Cigarmony.com my friend ;)

Not Trendy really, Palio's have usually always been considered better than Xikars in the affluent Cigar Community. Surgical type cut and lifetime warranty are probably what most think make this better than the Xikar.

I'm sold on the AMAZING customer service they have.

Plus, the owners of Palio are BOTL's and members of ClubStogie and I'm all about supporting a business that supports the CS Community.

XXX

I have been around cigars for over 12 years and have used MANY cutters from cheap to very expensive. Palio is one of the best cutters I have used. With the way they cut and their warranty I say they are one of the best cutters in the industry right now. They do not have alot of the WOW factor as far as looks but its the cut that matters. Xikar makes a nice product also and it cuts great. They also have a great warranty policy. I just like the way the Palio cuts. Not so much the cut but the way it is held in the hand and used. I prefer the old style cutting method. Just my :2

I have been using the SAME Palio for 6+ years and have tried virtually every cutter and always go back to the Palio as my "go to" cutter.

Some do people like the "action" of the Xikar better but the cut on the Palio is unmatched and is definitely the best guillotine cutter ever made (IMHO, of course).

Hope this helps
~Mark

I have been around cigars for over 12 years and have used MANY cutters from cheap to very expensive. Palio is one of the best cutters I have used. With the way they cut and their warranty I say they are one of the best cutters in the industry right now. They do not have alot of the WOW factor as far as looks but its the cut that matters. Xikar makes a nice product also and it cuts great. They also have a great warranty policy. I just like the way the Palio cuts. Not so much the cut but the way it is held in the hand and used. I prefer the old style cutting method. Just my :2

:tpd:

I have both cutters as well and I agree, there is just something about the way it is held and how effortlessly it makes the cut.

Got mine from Cigarmony, and was one of the first purchases I did that was directly related to recommendations on this site. Get one, you definitely won't regret it.

As far as being compared to Xikars, here's the easiest way I know how to describe it. There's a general "cheapness" to the low-end line of Xikars vs. the high-end models as far as fit and finish. Too loose, IMHO. Now, can't bash Xikar too much, since I've owned their bullet punch cutter for years, and it's a nice heft of smooth steel, and still has held an edge...

I've yet to come across a Palio that felt anything close to "cheap". Do not be fooled by the material these are made out of, I promise you it's nothing like what you're thinking. Enjoy.

- Garilla

Love my Palio.

Its the best cutter that I have. I rarely even use my Xikar any more.

I have all three versions and love them all.

Back