Punch Royal Coronations

madurolover

Icehog '08 YES WE CAN!!!
Bought this about 2 months ago and figured tonight would be the night. This cigar is 5 1/4"x44. Nice constuction and a fairly oily wrapper. No soft spots. Cut with double blade and the cut was clean.Prelight draw really did'nt have much flavor so I did not know what to expect.Toasted the foot and lit this little stick up. First few draws were uh-oh nothing but kinda harsh tobbacoo but after about an inch it opened up with a bit of spice and smoothed out considerably. Large amounts of smoke and just a hint of spice throughout the first half of this cigar. Had to remind myself to slow down as I always want to smoke these small ones too fast. Second half was not to disappoint me as the spice and heavy smoke volume continued. A few other tastes linger also but I am at a loss to describe them(can you say noob here). Anyway I smoked this little stick down to the nub and i must say I would recommend it to anyone that likes the Honduran profile. It is a flavorful smoke and at $4.00 it is a good deal.

The punch gran puro and the punch grand cru are excellent. The coronation is alot like the grand cru. Punch ages really well, I've got a crapload of them here just resting for the next year.

Back