Puros Indios Maxima Reserva w. pics

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Puros Indios Maxima Reserva Petit Corona

Length: 5"
Gauge: 38
Wrapper: Ecuadorian-Sumatran

This is a stick of dynamite in a firecracker package. It's a small cigar, but surprisingly flavorful and full bodied. I'm used to fuller bodied cigars, but this one I have to take slowly otherwise it'll floor me. So if you're tempted to smoke one of these you have been warned. Anyway, onward!

The overall looks are nice. The light brown wrapper has some small visible veins, an oily sheen to it, and a smooth feel. It smells strongly of sweet tobacco, and has filled my 50 count humidor with its scent. Construction is pretty good; it's firm but not too tight. The ash, when I let it stay, held a full inch before falling. The burn line in the photos can also show how well rolled these cigars are; the burn was razor strait the entire time. Plenty of smoke from this little thing with plenty of flavor. These cigars are advertised as having naturally fermented wrappers. Well, I haven't gotten the usual maduro flavors, but it was still quite tasty.

The first third started with a blast of full bodied flavor. I remember trying out a larger vitola of the Maxima Reserva line a while ago and it was much like that one was. It was leathery, salty, and spicy to start with. The aftertaste was a little grassy, but that grassiness went away after the first quarter inch. What was left was the leathery, salty, and spicy flavors with a hint of sweetness.

The second third shifted a little more towards the sweeter end with a little caramel, woodiness, and less spice. Adding to the caramel was a hint of cream, but not much. The leather and salt flavors remained, with leather being the dominant one.

The final third is where the sweetness kicks in fully and becomes more heavily caramel flavored. The leather flavor was there as well, making an interesting, but good, mix. The saltiness had subsided mostly, only being a slight aftertaste. The main aftertaste I got was cream and caramel.

I got it down a little past the above photo. Since this is a smaller cigar I had to take it slowly from the last third on otherwise the cigar would bite my tongue with hot smoke. Otherwise it made for an interesting complex little smoke that lasted me about 50 minutes smoking casually (a puff a minute on average). It definitely isn't the usual coffee/cocoa flavor profile of a maduro wrapper, but has its own very nice flavor profile. It's a full bodied cigar that starts out with an interesting complex flavor and ends with a sweet finish. Make sure to give these some time to rest; a couple weeks in the humi made mine mellow out a little but I'd recommend longer if you have patience. 8.5/10

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat review.

Compared to other scores we see in CI, Smoke and Cigar magazine and we see a score of 8.5 or 85 we think......wow that must not be very good cigar.....at least I do.

I think by reading your review this stogie deserves a higher score. :tu

Either way - great job and great pics!!

great to here, I have a few of these in the humidor but havn't taken them out yet so I will let them rest some more.:ss

Back