Puros Indios

jmcrawf1

Redneck Gorilla
I haven't heard much about these cigars, and upon searching i only found one review. What are some of ya'll's opinions on these? There's a tasting for these 45 mins. away tonite. Im trying to judge if i should go or not.

You should go! I have been wondering too so then you can tell us! I heard they were pretty powerful.

They're a long-established brand by Rolando Reyes. A google search will find many references to the Puros Indios line.

I picked up a 10 pack one time, tried 2 and didn't like them. Found them in the humi 6 months later, tried one, and they were gone within a couple of weeks.

In general, this seems to be a love it or hate it kind of cigar. Something you have to try for yourself, IMHO.

:confused: Maybe my tastes are weird, but I have tried 2 of them and thought they were very good, especially for the price :2

you should go, if anything you'll get to meet jose, their national sales manager. he's a sweetheart of a guy and very knowledgeable. i'm guessing it's the tasting at imperial trading, right?

I've only tried one. It was one of the nastiest smokes in my short cigar smoking life. It had real bad burn issues and a ammonia, lighter fluid flavor. No I did not use a Zippo, but thats what it tasted like..
But others told me to give them another try, that I might have got a bad one.
I have a couple more in the humi that I will try someday. Hope for a better smoke this time.

Never had one I've enjoyed, I smoked a Viego which scored in CA's top 25 last year thinking maybe this would be the one I'd enjoy... nope!

But someone must enjoy thier cigars theve been around quite a while, just not for me.

You haven't tried one so it can't hurt to go and enjoy the tasting!! I have had a couple and I am by no means an expert but for the money not a bad smoke. I get the "Special Aged" from C-bid and enjoy those. The CI Legend didn't impress me but again what do I know???

Shawn

You should try them and decide for yourself. They are not for everyone and they are not consistent. I've had good and bad ones. The Rothchild Maduro is pretty good.Cuba Aliados is worth a try, but again not consistent. also like the Cienfuegos. It never hurts to check out the event.

go to the event, you may like the cigars-i like the PI maddys, PI maxima reserva in nat & mad, & CA in nat & mad (the pre '95 ones taste best to me)

I got the "Special-Aged Pyramide's" from CBid last year and enjoyed the one that I smoked. I'll light another up shortly, as they've had plenty of time to rest, and should be a little smoother.

I'd say go. At the worst, you smoked a bad cigar and learned something. At the best, you might find a smoke that you enjoy and you start buying them up.

I have always enjoyed Puros Indios and have had only one that turned sour halfway through it. After smoking around 100 of them and only having 1 that stands out in my mind isn't too bad.

You dont know until you try...

'Cause the world doesnt move...
to the beat of just one drum.
What might be right for you
Might not be right for some...

Sorry for the bad Diff'rent Strokes reference.

I think they are OK - on CBID, the price is right. Try a few and see what you think! At a tasting, they are free - there is nothig to lose,...,..,

Back