Question about Anejo #77 Shark

megasolo

ChestBeater
Can anyone tell me the difference between the #77 and the #55? Is there really going to be any difference in taste? I mean I know that size does impact flavor, but come on they are so close in size I can't see that it would have that big of difference....so my question is why? why would they make these two sizes so close

Anejo #77 5.875 X 54 (torpedo)
Anejo #55 6 X 55 (torpedo)

is there some different filler or something that maybe they use.

No difference in filler.. the 77 "Shark" has a box pressed foot and does not come with a cedar wrap..

The shark is minus the cedar sleeve , is also box pressed and a tiny bit smaller in ring guage , so I would guess that the cedar flavor would not be present in the shark . Last year I smoked both , the #55 was much fuller flavored , the #77 was one of the best cigars I've ever had . If I had to choose between the 2 , I would definitely pick the #77 Shark .

So, what you are saying is that I could take the cedar off my 55s, box press them and pass them off as #77s? :r :r

Seriously, though, I don't see how that really makes them different, but maybe that's just me.

So, what you are saying is that I could take the cedar off my 55s, box press them and pass them off as #77s? :r :r

Seriously, though, I don't see how that really makes them different, but maybe that's just me.

maybe it's just a briliant marketing scam...hey lets make another size Anejo, box press the foot, take the cedar wrapper off, and make less of them...then we can sell them for $35 a stick.

maybe it's just a briliant marketing scam...hey lets make another size Anejo, box press the foot, take the cedar wrapper off, and make less of them...then we can sell them for $35 a stick.
Fuente is very good at that. Witness the Anejo scramble every year. And the constant struggle to get OpusXs. Create a buzz and limit supply. It raises the brand profile and prices go up with it.

Damn them for fooling me. I'm still a sucker :rolleyes:

I personally appreciate the multiple sizes of Anejo. Most of the shops that I purchase from limit me to 2 of each size. More sizes = more Anejo.

Brian

Except he Fuente doesnt sell them for 35 bucks a stick, greedy cigar vendors do.

If you are fortunate enough to find a vendor that doesnt gouge, you will spend 8.50 for the shark, 50 cents less than the 55.

Back