Question about temperature control

barbourjay

random cigar bum
so i'm thinking about placing a pre-order for The Connoisseur from cheap humidors. i'm outgrowing my wine-o-door and need more space but temps get up into the 80's if i dont have a way to monitor it. anyone know of a way to control temperature inside of this. the humidity will be taken care of with beads and a hydra but i'm looking for a plug in unit that will coolt he cabinet down. spending 2 grand on an aristocrat is not a viable option as this is only a phase while i'm waiting for my house to be built and will have a walk in humidor once completed.

Coleman makes a small refrigerator with a solid state cooling unit that could be adapted. Actually, the unit also heats, depending on the electrical polarity.

it's a CMT unit i believe but i've been to their site and others looking for a plug in unit and can't find one.

The unit is called a Peltier. Have you considered asking Bob? I'll tell you though, they're not cheap..

The unit is called a Peltier. Have you considered asking Bob? I'll tell you though, they're not cheap..

ive looked at the peltiers but they aren't the same as what they use in the higher end cabinets. they use them in conjunction with temperature and humidity monitors all combined into one unit.

Back