Question for the board from a Noob...

SpurNubber

Maturing Primate
Since I'm just getting started on my journey :). I tend to have a hard time remembering what I've smoked after some time has passed (no mine aren't laced with anything:)). What would you recommend? I've thought about buying a moleskin journal to write down such things as:

cigar
date purchased
date smoked
description

What are some of the ways ya'll help yourself remember your smokes?

Since I'm just getting started on my journey :). I tend to have a hard time remembering what I've smoked after some time has passed (no mine aren't laced with anything:)). What would you recommend? I've thought about buying a moleskin journal to write down such things as:

cigar
date purchased
date smoked
description

What are some of the ways ya'll help yourself remember your smokes?

Alot of people keep the bands and glue or tape them in a notebook and put notes by them.

Speaking as a lurker for ahile now but still a CS noob.... the whole journal thing is a great idea and one I have been doing for awhile now. Basically do it the way it is listed in the Top 25 database. Cigar, Size/Shape, Wrapper, Binder, Filler, MSRP. Than grade your cigar as Top 25 does based upon the catagories of Appearance, Construction, Flavor, Value, and Overal Exp. Than get your overall score. Than of course write down any comments for your notes. Than if you feel comfortable than post them to Top 25. A good thing with a log and scoring your cigars(oh yeah dont forget to date when you scored them) is you will notice certain consistencies in your scoring and find preferences(i.e. Dominican puros, or Camoeroon wrappers, etc). This definitly helps you in purchasing new gars you havent tried yet.

I keep all the bands but just because I think I can find something cool to do with them someday. I used to smoke maybe 1 cigar every few months and had no idea the taste between them. I think the best thing for remembering the tastes and differences is to smoke more and more often :ss Since I started smoking a cigar every other day or so I can much more easily remember what the last one was like and have something to compare to. :2

I used to take notes on all of the cigars that I smoked but I found that it ruined the experience for me. Now I only take notes if I am reviewing a cigar.

:tpd:

I just smoke a good cigar...but I think it made it better that I didnt have to think which 3rd I was in and what flavors I tasted, not that I could tell ya, but I will make a note that I need more!!!

Shawn

Back