Random thoughts

Ozone89

ChestBeater
Ya know, I never in my life, thought I would ever buy a house blended cigar. I was quite surprised I liked the free one the owner gave me yesterday, and I went back today to get a bundle of them! Any of you guys into house blends?

Yesterday, I went to this brand new B&M that just opened up in my area. It had to be the BIGGEST walk-in humidor I was ever in ..in my life! The owner boldly stated to me, that this store, and the other brand new one they are opening up, have the BIGGEST walk-in humidors in the State of Pennsylvania! He has the biggest selection of cigars I have ever seen in 1 place.

Anyways, how many of you guys look in your humidor..see it's getting low with cigars, and after you fill it back up with cigars, you keep opening up the lid, to admire how full your humidor is? lol I swear I do that all the time..like my cigars are gonna run away from me or something.

When I find out the address, I'm going to post it under "Locations-Pa" for you guys and gals in the southeastern part of Pa.

Ya know, I never in my life, thought I would ever buy a house blended cigar. I was quite surprised I liked the free one the owner gave me yesterday, and I went back today to get a bundle of them! Any of you guys into house blends?

Yesterday, I went to this brand new B&M that just opened up in my area. It had to be the BIGGEST walk-in humidor I was ever in ..in my life! The owner boldly stated to me, that this store, and the other brand new one they are opening up, have the BIGGEST walk-in humidors in the State of Pennsylvania! He has the biggest selection of cigars I have ever seen in 1 place.

Anyways, how many of you guys look in your humidor..see it's getting low with cigars, and after you fill it back up with cigars, you keep opening up the lid, to admire how full your humidor is? lol I swear I do that all the time..like my cigars are gonna run away from me or something.

When I find out the address, I'm going to post it under "Locations-Pa" for you guys and gals in the southeastern part of Pa.

Your comment re: staring at your full humidor and admiring it, I do this all the time. It's a man thing, remnant of hunting and collecting or something. I love having lots of variety, and asking the question "what will I smoke today?" I love opening up the boxes and smelling too, hooked on that barnyard, fresh smell.

I look at my humidors all the time just to adore them, rearrange them, sometimes just to get a big whiff of the tobacco goodness inside. The other thought I always find myself thinking is "Fudge, I should really invest in a cooler because I am running out of room." Then I come to my senses and realize the slippery slope that in itself will lead to.
As far as house brands, there are plenty of great house brands out there. I think everyone here pretty much has owned or owns a bundle of the Famous Nic 3000s. De La Concha in NY has an awesome house blend along with Smoke Signals in NYs Pheonix brand is a good mild stick. Last time I was there I believe Scott was working on a fuller bodied blend. Every once in awhile I will go out on a limb and try a B&Ms house blend and more times than not I find that I enjoy them. Sometimes these turn out to be hidden gems. So my advice is don't knock the house blends until you have tried them.:2:tu

Anyways, how many of you guys...after you fill it back up with cigars, you keep opening up the lid, to admire how full your humidor is? lol I swear I do that all the time...

Thats why they make glass top humidors....

I think we all like to check on our stogies

I check in on mine. It is an enjoyment to me, just as smoking them is. I like to make sure they ar o.k. Also, I just like the looks of them. It is a pretty sight to me. Something about the Natural elements of the cedar and cigars is nice to look at in itself. However, adding the variety of colors and shapes of bands, cigar shapes and sizes, make a composition that is to me a beautiful art. It is amazing to watch a cigar be rolled from folded leaves and a wrapper leaf. That is an art itself. I just think about all those things when I look at mine. Also, it feels like I am preserving history somewhat, which adds another satisfaction. I also went to art school and like being artsy fartsy. J/K ! I am, and always have been amazed wih tobacco and cigars. My Great Grandfather was a tobacco farmer for some time in his life. So from seed to Humidor, it all fascinates me.
And for the B&M, being able to walk into all that art is just awesome. :dr:chk

I've not smoked that many house blends, got a cigar.com red label sitting in the humi, will have to give it a try.

Walk in humi's are the best! I always feel a little self conscious because I always get this "where do I start" look. I'm like a 4 year old turned loose in a candy store with dad's Visa.

Of course you have to keep checking in on them, that's the whole idea :D My desktop humi is within arms reach as I type this (and if I lean far enough over so's my cooler). One sec...gotta check and see if the humidity is ok (that's my excuse anyway :D)

I didn't realize the term "house blend" could have different meanings. The house blend bundle I bought today, was this Cigars stores own blend. They have a woman who rolls cigars every single day(weekdays) there in the shop.

I just never thought a house blend could taste so good, and to be honest, it tastes better then some of the "named brand: stuff I've tired before.

The Bull and Bear house blends are pretty decent stick, especially for the price! They are rolled by CAO if I'm not mistaken. This is the one in Naperville, IL.

Back