Rate this Opus X sampler...

megasolo

ChestBeater
Is this a good deal? It seems to be a great deal to me. I'm looking for a good Opus X Sampler. If any of you know where I can purchase a good sampler similiar to this, let me know please.

$255 18-CIGAR-FUENTE-SUPER-SAMPLER

Description: 18 cigars as follows:
4x, Fuente Hemingway Short Story (4.25x49)
4x, Fuente Hemingway Signature (6x46)
2x, Fuente Don Carlos #4 (5.5x44)
2x, Fuente Don Carlos #3 (5.1x43)
1x, Fuente Anejo #48 (7x48)
1x, Fuente Anejo #49 (7.5x49)
1x, Fuente Between-the-Lines (4.5x52)
1x, Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #5 (4.9x40)
1x, Fuente OpusX Perfecxion #4 (5.2x43)
1x, Fuente OpusX Robusto (5.25x50)

That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. That comes to 14 bucks a stick and I don't see anything on there that sells for that much (save for maybe a stick or two) and I see a whole lotta of stuff that sells for half that and under.

I am sure Andrew has exact MSRPs, but here are approximates:

4 short stories = $22
4 Signature = $28
2 DC #4 = $16
2 DC #3 = $20
1 Anejo 48 = $11
1 Anejo 49 = $12
1 BTL = $10
1 Opus #5 $8
1 Opus #4 $9
1 Opus Robusto $11

Under $150 MSRP for the sticks! Bend Over

-Matt-

txmatt said:
I am sure Andrew has exact MSRPs, but here are approximates:

4 short stories = $22
4 Signature = $28
2 DC #4 = $16
2 DC #3 = $20
1 Anejo 48 = $11
1 Anejo 49 = $12
1 BTL = $10
1 Opus #5 $8
1 Opus #4 $9
1 Opus Robusto $11

Under $150 MSRP for the sticks! Bend Over

-Matt-

Yeah it's a rip job. Sounds like vegas prices.

Not much of an Opus X sampler with only 3 sticks out of the whole bunch...Finding "X"'s at retail is not as difficult as it may seem. God knows, plenty of those sticks seem to find their way to my house and only at retail prices. :)

Last edited:
Navydoc said:
Not much of an pus X sampler with only 3 sticks out of the whole bunch...Finding "X"'s at retail is not as difficult as it may seem. God knows, plenty of those sticks seem to find their way to my house and only at retail prices. :)

How about a hint? :D

Nathan said:
How about a hint? :D

Not trying to be a smart --- but really if you do a google for Opus X and start hitting the sites you will come accross plenty that have them. Some may only sell a limited number of sticks and in bundles but some have no limit and others are off scale high. Plus by doing this you will find some other good contacts. Most of mine come out of the North East.

mels95yj said:
Man, I wish I could get an Opus for $8-$9! The one cigar store around here sells them for $22.50.

Mel

Yeah same here. I would definately buy a bunch for 8-9 bucks each.

Navydoc said:
Not trying to be a smart --- but really if you do a google for Opus X and start hitting the sites you will come accross plenty that have them. Some may only sell a limited number of sticks and in bundles but some have no limit and others are off scale high. Plus by doing this you will find some other good contacts. Most of mine come out of the North East.

I agree, just start doing a search and you'll find most of these for a good price.

Now for the harder to find sticks you more than likley will have to fork over a bit more than MSRP, but nothing like what's stated above.

I use a B&M for most of my higher end sticks and I pay about 15% to 20% extra for them. I just do that to keep a good relationship with the operator of the store. Plus that gives me access to some of the harder to find sticks when he has them in stock. I don't mind paying a bit more for good smokes and good service.

wow thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that it was so bad. I live in california and the cheapest I can find is $30 for a single stick. I'm going to vegas next month and wanted to take a bunch of nice sticks with me, rather than pay outrageous vegas prices. I'll shop some more.

I have googled it and yahoo. I have yet to find a website out there that don't have Opus X for under $18 a stick. thats bull$#!^, it doesn't work.

dadof3illinois said:
I agree, just start doing a search and you'll find most of these for a good price.

Now for the harder to find sticks you more than likley will have to fork over a bit more than MSRP, but nothing like what's stated above.

I use a B&M for most of my higher end sticks and I pay about 15% to 20% extra for them. I just do that to keep a good relationship with the operator of the store. Plus that gives me access to some of the harder to find sticks when he has them in stock. I don't mind paying a bit more for good smokes and good service.

Who is B&M?

megasolo said:
wow thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that it was so bad. I live in california and the cheapest I can find is $30 for a single stick. I'm going to vegas next month and wanted to take a bunch of nice sticks with me, rather than pay outrageous vegas prices. I'll shop some more.

I have googled it and yahoo. I have yet to find a website out there that don't have Opus X for under $18 a stick. thats bull$#!^, it doesn't work.

Even so, it's still cheaper than the $30 per stick your looking at paying in California?

I sent ya a PM you might wanna look into. Not retail prices but not through the roof either.

Being a newb to cigars, my question is...
Is the Opus X really worth the $20-$30 price tag?

JDO said:

If you use the search feature, you'll find a wide variety of opinions.
I think even most people who really like Opus X (myself included) would say that anything above 20 is probably too expensive. There are mixed opinions about whether 12-20 is worth it though.

JDO said:

For the most part no, I don't think they are worth that price. I'm not a real big Opus fan, but keep several around to share with friends when they come over and I'm keeping a few back to age. Maybe they will be better with a year or so on them.

You should be able to pickup most of this line for $8 to $16 each, according to which one your looking at buying.

dadof3illinois said:
For the most part no, I don't think they are worth that price. I'm not a real big Opus fan, but keep several around to share with friends when they come over and I'm keeping a few back to age. Maybe they will be better with a year or so on them.

You should be able to pickup most of this line for $8 to $16 each, according to which one your looking at buying.

Yeah I will have to find some of these sources. As with others the brick and mortar stores in my area are getting about $25 per stick. I have a hard time justifying a $7 cigar to my fiance. :)

Back