Rediscovering the Hemingway Classic

DonJefe

Missing the Shack
I haven't smoked any of these for a couple of years and I had a single laying in my humidor, so I decided to smoke it this afternoon. The cigar has been in my humi for about 3 years and I always put off smoking it because of it's condition. The wrapper was split about 3 inches up, but did not cause any problems while smoking. I don't have the words to properly write a review, so just let me say that this was in the top 5 cigars that I have smoked in the past year. Terrific flavors, razor straight burn(even with the split wrapper) and just an absolute pleasure to smoke from start to finish. Just wish I had another one to smoke later tonight!

cool review. Isn't it great to find those little humi prizes that you either forgot about or overlooked? The only problem is that rediscovering that smoke means you have to buy more!

LeafHog said:
cool review. Isn't it great to find those little humi prizes that you either forgot about or overlooked? The only problem is that rediscovering that smoke means you have to buy more!

They are getting easier to find since I quit smoking cigarettes!:D Burning through my stash pretty quickly and home remodel eating up my cigar budget!!! :c The shops around here have tons of these, so I'll definitely be picking up a few.

Wow, three years huh? I don't think I'd have the patience for that. :w

Hemmingways are just about the only Fuentes I'll smoke (besides Opus, but that's a given). A local retailer has 'em in stock for 8 or 9 bucks - good prices for a B&M.

LeafHog said:
I agree w/ LeafHog. Very nice review, worthy of making my mouth water.

They must have just released a bunch of them. Three months ago I could not find a Hemmingway even if I tortured my tobacco dealer into telling me where he hid his secret stash. Last week I was at my local Tobacco Hut (not exactly Davidoff's) and they had Hemmingway Classics for $6.45 a stick!! That is not much more than what I paid for Signatures mail order!

yeah i'm a big fan of the hemmingway line, also the double chateau maduro. wow it's a great smoke if you can find em. fuente just has lots of really really really good smokes. that pretty much sums it up

Classic Maduros are a top 5 fav of mine, but with the regular cameroon wrapper I prefer the to spend a bit more for the Don Carlos. :2

-Matt-

Back