Regional Releases from Tatuaje?

ResIpsa

An Original Latino
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#000000>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I love the Tats I've had, and agree that they'e as close to a NC comes to being a cuban......but just saw this new line being promoted as a "west coast regional release", which seems to be taking the comparison a little far. They're playing off i assume the Cuban regional release cigars. anybody heard anything else about this?

Not yet released. Here is a review of the West coast release: http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91189

About the East Coast release. Looks like the same blend, different size.

Exclusivo Zona Del Este, Verocu No.2" (East Coast release, Size: 5 &#189; x 54).

"This blend will have a Cafe Rosado Oscuro wrapper (as opposed to the Cafe Rosado in the Havana VI classic line) and we are adding Ligero tobacco to the blend to give the cigar a more robust taste. Basically, its a Havana VI on steroids" -Pete Johnson

Looks like winners to me. I highly anticipate the release. MSRP, I think, will be around $28.

Actually, these sticks have hit the market place as of this last week. My B&M in Irving had 3 cabs of 50 each come in and walk out the door in less than 1 hour. Price point for the Exclusivo Lado Occidental Verocu was $10 a stick ($500 a cab). I was asked to taste 2 of these sticks from two different shops and I was very impressed by power and taste they had.

Here are a few pics for you to see.

TatuajeHavanaVIVerocu3.jpg

TatuajeHavanaVIVerocu2.jpg

TatuajeHavanaVIVerocu1.jpg

East Coast, West Coast? what about the middle of the country?!

Didn't you get the memo? We're just fly-over states :D

There's an ad in the latest CA for the Tatuaje regional releases. I think the design similarities on the 2nd band all but answer Vic's question.

I'll still give 'em a try :ss

I sincerely hope that Tatuaje's new line extensions don't turn into over-extension. I suppose I can't blame them for building on thier popularity, but
it wouldn't be the first small or botique manufacturer that burned out by trying to put out too much product.

Just stopped by B&M that normally has a nice selection of Tatuajes, they hadn't heard abou tht releases and didn't expect any. He said it was the same blend, although I'm not sure how he has much information since he was clueless on it before I showed him in the new CA.

I may have to see if Corona scores any, mainly for my curiosity.

Just stopped by B&M that normally has a nice selection of Tatuajes, they hadn't heard abou tht releases and didn't expect any. He said it was the same blend, although I'm not sure how he has much information since he was clueless on it before I showed him in the new CA.

I may have to see if Corona scores any, mainly for my curiosity.

From my understanding, the East and West coast versions are the same blend, just in different sizes. These are suppose to be a little bit stronger than the regular havana VI. More like a brown label - red label hybrid.

From my understanding, the East and West coast versions are the same blend, just in different sizes. These are suppose to be a little bit stronger than the regular havana VI. More like a brown label - red label hybrid.
Thanks for the info. Any idea on distribution?

Thanks for the info. Any idea on distribution?

About a month ago, I actually asked Pete how many they were going to be making and he said about 1000 boxes of 50 in each size. So that would be 100,000 cigars total.

As for distribution, I have no idea. My local B&M pre-sold ten boxes, but I am not sure if they are getting more than that. I didn't have a chance to pull the trigger until they were sold out.

About a month ago, I actually asked Pete how many they were going to be making and he said about 1000 boxes of 50 in each size. So that would be 100,000 cigars total.

As for distribution, I have no idea. My local B&M pre-sold ten boxes, but I am not sure if they are getting more than that. I didn't have a chance to pull the trigger until they were sold out.
Mind if I ask where you're located?

From my understanding, if the B&M isn't on the list now, they aren't likely to get them in. My B&M ordered them as soon as they got their 3 boxes (something about pre-ordering to get on the list for the regular order). Tatuaje is holding the line on the number of official accounts for product outlet that they are going to have. Last I heard, that number was set at 150 accounts or so, total. Good luck in finding them, I know I am waiting on the next round.

I stopped into the local B & M the other day and found a pile of Tatuaje Havana VI boxes on the floor waiting to be put away. I looked through the open boxes and picked out a Angeles, went out front and lit it up, really enjoyed it. So I went back today with my wife and picked up this box of 24 Angeles. Very tasty, deep, rich flavor.

DSC06006.jpg

DSC06007.jpg

I posted some additional photos over at Show off your latest NC purchase

—Richard

i've had a few of the west coast, and DAMN they are freaking good... i hope you all hate them so i can get some more for me lol :ss

My cousin gave me this cigar last night. First half was real good, very leathery. Tasted like a Tatuage Cojon 2003. Then it got bad, very bitter.
For $12 I would rather have a Padron Anni, where I know it will be good everytime. Just my :2

I hade a few of the New Havan IV's they are yummy... they don't start off like very peppery but I was licking the sugars of the tobacco off my teeth for an hour. Made a great pairing with a glass of Diet Coke.

Back