Releasing smoke through the nose?

Munt

Maturing Primate
I was just curious how often other BOTL do this. Is it an every puff thing or occasionally throughout the smoke?

I know this is a good way to get all the flavours out of a cigar. I also know that holding the smoke in your mouth for a bit is another way.

Please expand on your smoking habits, if you will.

Thanks,

Munt.

It really depends on the cigar I'm smoking....some burn pretty harshly, traveling through the nose .... some do not.

I do it almost every draw. Sometimes, instead of just passing the smoke through the nose, I will hold it in my mouth and sinuses a moment. After that I will slowly release the smoke. If you just immediately pass the smoke through the nose or mouth, you are robbing yourself of some nuances you might not witness otherwise,IMHO. :2

I do it almost every draw. Sometimes, instead of just passing the smoke through the nose, I will hold it in my mouth and sinuses a moment. After that I will slowly release the smoke. If you just immediately pass the smoke through the nose or mouth, you are robbing yourself of some nuances you might not witness otherwise,IMHO. :2

I agree - very much like savoring a fine wine or some old cheese, let it roll around - enjoy the "discovery" of its nuascences.

I do it 2-3 times for each 1/3 of a cigar. Also, after expelling through your nose draw some fresh o2 through your nose/throat as well to pick up even more subtle flavors.

I hope this helps

~Mark

ps - do a search for the Refining Your Palette thread

I do it 2-3 times for each 1/3 of a cigar. Also, after expelling through your nose draw some fresh o2 through your nose/throat as well to pick up even more subtle flavors.

I hope this helps

~Mark

ps - do a search for the Refining Your Palette thread

I am right there with you Mark. I find that my senses become almost useless and overworked if I exhale nasally every puff.

Some time in the first several puffs, I will exhale through my nose. I do this for almost every cigar. If the result is pleasant, then I tend to do it every few draws. For me, exhaling through the sinuses results in a flavor that lingers for a while, enhancing (or not!) the next several draws.

That said, I find myself more and more pulling smoke into my sinuses without thinking about it. This isn't really what I want, since there are some cigars that don't work well with my sinuses. Dunno what to do about that besides yell "Whoa, that was stupid" when I do it.

Usually the first third of the cigar, I will do this to get the "taste" a few times.
But as I smoke it just becomes natural to allow some smoke in the sinuses. I also may reinhale some expelled smoke through the nose. Does anyone do that?

I do it on most cigars; sometimes they will burn, even if you have been doing it for awhile. I don't do it every puff either, probably every 2-4.

About every other exhale's through the shnozz,
though in between I tend to "french inhale" what
comes out of my mouth, too. Only way to truly
taste what you're smoking.:tu

Back