Removing Vinotemp logo

Munkey

Howler Monkey
Has anyone removed the vinotemp logo from the glass? Before I try it and break the freakin' thing, I'd like to hear how someone accomplished it. If not, ideas on a smooth removal?

Has anyone removed the vinotemp logo from the glass? Before I try it and break the freakin' thing, I'd like to hear how someone accomplished it. If not, ideas on a smooth removal?

Yes I have, peel it off and scape any gunk off with a razor :tu

:tpd:

It's held on with adhesive. Just take your time and it will come off without trouble.

Work all the way around it, very slowly. I didn't want to scratch the glass on mine, so I figured if it took me 10 minutes to take it off, it was worth the effort.

I'm the kind of guy that will stare at a scratch in glass, especially if I put it there, for a very long time.

If it is held on with double sided tape much like an automotive emblem, use dental floss to saw through the tape and then us a cleaner to remove the rest. Good luck.

You can also use a hair dryer to heat up the logo and soften the adhesive. It should just pull off if you get it nice and warm. Most of the time the adhesive will stay on the logo.

Warm up the emblem first with a hair dryer. Then use dental floss or fishing line. Remove the gunk with Goo gone (if you don't have that try vinegar). Knife should be the last ressort.

I have actually thought of removing mine, too. It would make it appear to be actually for cigars by hiding its wine fridge origin. ;)

Till

JaKaAch beat me to it.

It's held on with adhesive. Just take your time and it will come off without trouble.

Work all the way around it, very slowly. I didn't want to scratch the glass on mine, so I figured if it took me 10 minutes to take it off, it was worth the effort.

I'm the kind of guy that will stare at a scratch in glass, especially if I put it there, for a very long time.

ok I'm not sure what's with my head..but I read this three times and I thought the first time it was a 'how-to manual of some perverted sexual nature"

Warm up the emblem first with a hair dryer. Then use dental floss or fishing line. Remove the gunk with Goo gone (if you don't have that try vinegar). Knife should be the last ressort.

I have actually thought of removing mine, too. It would make it appear to be actually for cigars by hiding its wine fridge origin. ;)

Till

JaKaAch beat me to it.

Unless you are using a diamond coated razors, you'll not scratch the glass. Pull off the sticker and scrape it with a razor, don't waste your time with heat and solvents. This should take you 2 minutes tops.

Back