REO Robusto

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
I ate lunch today on the balcony at Treebeards overlooking historic Market Square in downtown Houston. Chicken fried chicken with cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and mustard greens. Yum.

As I sat under the parasol, contentedly digesting my food, sipping a glass of iced water and and watching the rain clouds drift in from the north, I pulled a REO Robusto out of the Otterbox.

First impressions of this cigar are very good. Solid construction, a nice smooth, dark wrapper, a little spice on the nose. The cap clipped off neatly and the stick lit quickly. The draw was easy and the volume of smoke was generous. The flavor was much richer than I expected: a nice spicy Nicaraguan twang, but well balanced. Very tasty. The cigar burned very well and never got harsh on me.

I received this cigar in a trade from NCRadioman. I see from a quick search that I'm not the first person he has turned on to this smoke and I expect I won't be the last. Thanks for turning me onto a really tasty smoke I would probably not have tried otherwise!

Cool! Rich, is a good description of this stick. Definatly one I hope to always have to have in the humi. :dr Glad you liked it, nice review!

:ms NCRM

Thanks for the review! I like the REOs also, Although I didn't care much for the Vibes.
I do notice a striking similarity to the Famous Nic 3000???

Thanks for the nice review. I sure do like Treebeards and need to make in down there from Dallas sometime soon. There is a fiver of REOs in the mail to me right now. Have never had one but based on your review I am anxious to give them a try.

I stumbled into an REO maduro a while back and posted to an earlier review. I'm riding on NCRadio's coat tails. I think it's a great cigar that maybe gets overlooked because it has a band that looks more like a wine label from Napa Valley than a label for a cigar-smokers cigar.

Back