Resting CAO Golds

Mark THS

Herfing at 110°
Hi all, I'm new the boards. I was hoping to kick off my CS 'career' with a quick question about the CAO Gold Coronas.

Picked up a 5 pack on cbid recently and while it was an enjoyable smoke, I garnered the impression that they need to sit in the humi for a spell or two.

Have any of you had a chance to rest your CAO Golds? How long and how are they now?

I suspect 6 months might do the trick to mellow them a bit and take away the green, but I'd love a second opinion

I have never rested them too long, they're great "fresh" smokes. They're my favorite cigar, and they don't change much with age. I think you might like them either way... I do!

I have never rested them too long, they're great "fresh" smokes. They're my favorite cigar, and they don't change much with age. I think you might like them either way... I do!

Interesting- perhaps I'll need to give another stick a go and see if it was only an anomaly

While I agree these are good fresh, I let a handful rest in my humi for about a year. WOW! Not a different cigar, but mellows out nicely with 6 months to a year. Set a few back for half a year or more, give them a try, and let us know what you think!

I think the idea about "resting" them a few weeks when ordering from cbid comes from them shipping a bit wet. They need a few weeks to get used to your humidor. At least, that has been my experience. :2

Give them a few weeks to acclimate to your humidor and try another. I think it will be a wholly different smoke.

Back