Retirement cigar help

livwire68

Got Guns???
A good friend of mine is pulling the pin and will be leaving town mid of next week to retire in Idaho. Therefore I will be throwing him a party. He has smoked cigars for 20 years or so. He does not have a favorite and usually smokes lower end sticks almost daily. He gets the most variety from me and his Son. He will smoke mild to full. I will be getting him a box of cigars and some good whiskey,I am thinking something mid range flavor strength, I have also thought about AVO XO's although I have never smoked them and know nothing about them (search is kind of hard, not long enough)! I am looking to stay around $75-$150 range on the cigars. If they are in the $50-$75 range I may get two different type. So it leads me to ask the help of the jungle. I will need to at least order by tomorrow night (Tuesday) to get them here by Sat.
Thanks
Coy

For everyday, you can get him a bundle of Famous Nic 1000 and 3000. Both are great sticks for a great price. They'll run around $70-80 total for a bundle of each.

How about the Taboo SFO Torpedo? You can get 20 of them for around $62 shipped with the 30% off deal Rob is running until this Wednesday. They're regularly $3.99 a stick.

Or you can go with well-liked sticks like the Pepin Blue or Black.

You can get a box of Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas for $156 from Tampa Humidor.

Also, CI is running a 1 day deal on 20 pack sampler of Man 'O War for around $50.

Hell, get the Nic 1K, 3K, and the CI deal and you should still be under the $150 mark. Man, you have a lot of great choices to choose from. Good luck.

Get him something nice, stay away from bundles and budget smokes. He is an experienced smoker who may not lean towards the Taboo or other bundles, they are for his retirement afterall. I would go with one box for the entire budget. :2

My suggestions include: Padilla Signature, DPG Blue, AVO XO, Tatuaje Red or Brown, Cabiguan or Illusione cg4. :tu

Get him something nice, stay away from bundles and budget smokes. He is an experienced smoker who may not lean towards the Taboo or other bundles, they are for his retirement afterall. I would go with one box for the entire budget. :2

My suggestions include: Padilla Signature, DPG Blue, AVO XO, Tatuaje Red or Brown, Cabiguan or Illusione cg4. :tu

I wanted in line with this statement, get him something he will never get on his own (He typically leans toward bundles or cheap smokes). Who has Illusione cg4? I have not had these either, but heard illusione's are pretty good. Thanks for the help so far.

Partagas Culebras, a CC that is at least memorable because of the unique braid of the cigars. They are also nice little smokes. He won't forget these!! They can be had in your price range. :tu
pa_culebras.jpg

Padron's are great and at the upper end of your price range (less if you order from Taboo before Wednesday - see the Retailer forum).

At the lower end, you could get him a box of Hoyo Excaliburs for $70-$80. Great smoke.

I wanted in line with this statement, get him something he will never get on his own (He typically leans toward bundles or cheap smokes). Who has Illusione cg4? I have not had these either, but heard illusione's are pretty good. Thanks for the help so far.

The Party Source, and they may be under your $150 budget. Seriously, call 866-78CIGAR tommorow and ask for the cigar manager, not sure if they have more cg4 left, but last time I was in there they did. :tu

Partagas Culebras, a CC that is at least memorable because of the unique braid of the cigars. They are also nice little smokes. He won't forget these!! They can be had in your price range. :tu
pa_culebras.jpg

Its a time frame thing! Otherwise I would be looking into something along those lines :tu

Your original call of the AVO is a very good choice. Nice Mild/medium profile and very nice presentation. A cab of Tat's or Cabiguan's would also be very nice, but maybe to strong for him. :2

Back