Review - 5 Vegas Limitada 2005 Bellicoso

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
Sat outside to enjoy a 2005 Limitada after todays rainstorm.

I stocked up on the 2005's and 2006's because of the great reviews I have read on them. After some of the deals on cBid, these came out to just about $3/stick. Nicely contructed, they have been resting for about 2 weeks in my humidor.

1/3: A bit of a peppery start, with a heavy leather taste. The first few draws were actually a bit bitter. I wasn't sure I liked the taste at first, but it did grow on me.

2/3: I really enjoyed this part of the smoke. Heavy coffee flavors, subtle cocoa flavor. It was very enjoyable at this point. If the whole stick was like this, I would smoke this all the time.

3/3: Last third was a creamy/buttery taste. At this point, it turned from a medium flavor to a more mild flavor. It was a very mild finish than most sticks I've had. Absolutely no pepper flavor during the finish.

Finish: Barely any aftertaste. I like this a lot because I don't like to taste my cigars too long after I finish. Subtle coffee flavors, but nothing outrageous.

Final thoughts: I like this cigar a lot. It is a good relaxing cigar that could be enjoyed after a small meal or with a light drink. I did have a few burning problems (uneven) that I had to touch up, but it was most likely because my humidor has been running a higher humidity than usual lately.

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

Good review. I personally don't mind tasting a GOOD cigar for a while, but I see your point.

Thanks for the nice review. After reading it I thought I should try one I also got from Cbid a couple of weeks ago. Glad I did since I liked it too, even with the occasional touch up. I found it to be medium to mild, starting off medium then milder toward the end. Wrapper had a somewhat musty taste and the volumes of smoke a subtle leather or maybe coffee taste. ( My palate is in a state of arrested development so I couldn't pick out all the flavors you found.) Overall a very nice $3.00 smoke for those not looking for intense flavors.

Thanks for the review. I have yet to try one of these, but when my budget allows, I will be hitting c-bid for them. I never like a long flavor lingering after a cigar until I had my first PAM 64 this week. I had the flavors for at least 2 hours after the smoke, but it was a great flavor. I will take it anytime.

mhillsing23 said:
Thanks for the review. I have yet to try one of these, but when my budget allows, I will be hitting c-bid for them. I never like a long flavor lingering after a cigar until I had my first PAM 64 this week. I had the flavors for at least 2 hours after the smoke, but it was a great flavor. I will take it anytime.

Didn't I send you one of these?

Back