Review: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition

SHOE

(__@_______{{{
Size: Robusto Corto (4.88 x 52)

History: This cigar has been in my humidor at 68/68 for about 6 weeks. This is my first Exodus Silver.

Setting: Lunch break - on a park bench - sunny skies and slight breeze. No food or beverage consumed prior to light. Just me, my Oakleys, and my smoke

Appearance: Not a bad looking smoke. I've seen better, but its appearance still made me anxious. It was a little bumpy down the body but nothing we've all not seen before - no big deal.

Cut: Easy (dry - no squeeze)

Pre-light draw: Excellent

Light: Excellent - 15 - 20 seconds of light toasting and soft blow had this one ready to go.

Smoke: Dense and aromatic. Hints of wood and nut were evident.

Smoking speed: I conciously waited to draw anywhere from 45 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes ( I was on my lunch break so I couldn't let it sit long).

Burn: Quick (but even) - slight breeze may have accounted for some of that but I doubt very much. This sucker did begin getting an ash before I got settled in good, though. Modest correction needed just over half way through, but I'm funny about that.

Taste: Slight hint of pepper mingled with wood and nut. It seemed like I also caught an acidic note (hint of "citrus") which seemed strange to me at first but it was pleasant - almost like the taste you get when you suck on salt and lime when drinking Tequila. That may be what I liked most about it. The pepper wasn't strong, it just added a little punch to a nice flavor. The flavor stayed consistent throughout - no major changes from first into the final third. I never noticed significant heat even with just an inch left.

Ash: Slightly choppy gray with some dark mixed in (no yellow). The ash didn't fall until close to 2" and it thudded nicely on the bricks. I was surprised by the look of the ash that it held on that long, especially since I was drawing slow.

Smoking Time: About 45 minutes (approx. 1" remaining when I laid her to rest). It seemed a tad loose which may have accounted for the quick smoke time, but the cut didn't support that and there were no significant issues that it caused. I don't have a problem with a quick burner that is this nice.

Finish: After 1/2 hour the slight pepper flavor dissipated and it seemed to sweeten. One of the better finishes I've had in a while. Very nice.

Grade: 8 out of 10

Final Comment: This is a cigar that I will have again. It was a quick burner but very nice. The flavors stayed consistent and I would classify it as Medium. I say that since there was more of a nasal burn than I usually get from a mild cigar. The aroma was nice and there was plenty of smoke to enjoy. I've had better made cigars but this is a keeper especially for the price. I do want to have another one to compare consistency.

Try one if you haven't already. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

SHOE

I've had these before and agree with your review. I like the aroma especially.
Thanks

Thanks for informative review. The Torano Exodus Silvers are well made, flavorful sticks. I especially like the Torpedo Especial.

Thanks for a very well written review. I have tried a few different sizes of the 1959 Silver Edition Line. I have always found them to be plesant smokes but too mild for my taste.

JohnnyFlake

Back