Review: Montecristo White Especial #3

webjunkie

ChestBeater
So the cigar:
Montecristo White Especial #3 (5.5" x 44)

So there would be pictures but, my camera is on the blink. By that I mean I forgot to charge the batteries.

The construction is quite nice, which is to be expected from this cigar. There are a couple of small veins, but they don’t look they will affect anything.

Pre-light
Very nice draw. Not too loose, and with just a little bit of resistance which is what I like. The pre-light draws gave me a taste of nice tobacco, and I guess almost a slight fruity flavor? That was at least my impression.

The first third was quite enjoyable. Still a slight fruity flavor, but also a slight peppery taste dancing over my tongue. Also an earthy/tobacco-ish flavor. I’m really enjoying this. This cigar isn’t creating a huge amount of smoke, but it is slightly windy out so that could messing with me.

Ash is not that impressive. After just about an inch it fell off when I picked it up from the ashtray.

The second third is just as nice as the first. A nice consistent burn, and no problems with the cigar’s construction. The spiciness of the flavor has increased a bit, not a whole lot, but a nice taste that I’m even getting up to my nose (even though I don’t exhale through my nose).

The last third is still good, but the flavor is changing slightly. Not as much pepper, and there is a slight hint of leather starting in. I could be completely wrong, but this is what I think I’m tasting. The burn has become slightly uneven, but nothing that rotating the cigar can fix. Oops, had to do some correction but now it’s fine.

I really enjoyed this cigar. I'm a slow smoker so it has taken me almost two hours to smoke this bad boy. At the moment I'm working on getting it down to a nub now that I'm past the band. This is actually my first Monte White. I've got another that I bought at the same time sitting in the bottom of my humi, and I expect it will just get better with time.

Well this has been another newbie review by me. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Mother nature was really cooperative that night. Not ten minutes after I come back inside it started to rain, and by morning we had a deluge. I even woke up to hail. I'm really looking forward to trying it's twin in a few months.

Back