Review on Tinderbox.com

Ozone89

ChestBeater
Thanks to another Gorilla, I saw a thread on here about Tinderbox.com, and decided to participate in their 20% off they were offering. I ordered a box of Diamond Crown Robusto #4 "Maduro".

Well today that box arrived, and I was sent Diamond Crown Robusto #4 "Natural". Along with that order, I was sent 3 free cigars(pictures included) to try..and another card for 10% off my next order. Well I called customer service to explain my situation with the wrong box being deleivered. Right from the get-go, nothing but professionalism, and polite manners from Linda. I wasn't mad at all, cause I have my own business as well, and these things can happen..we are all human after all.

Anyways, I saw that their corporation/ware house is 15 minutes from me, and asked Linda if I could drive down and give back the box of Diamond Crowns. I didn't want to ship them back, cause I was worried about the cigars starting to dry out..and they were extremely cold, cause they sat on my front porch for awhile.

I was told it was "No problem" come on down...nothing but pure joy with dealing with this company.

When I arrive down at Tinderbox, I was greeted with a very warm smile and met 3 extremely nice people. I was given another 5 free cigars (pictures included) and had a very warm 10 minute conversation.

I was also told that there was a mix up with orders..and mine was headed to sunny Florida, and the guy in sunny Florida box of Naturals headed to my house. The great people at Tinderbox told me that they will still honor the 20% on my original order, and I told them I would be down to pick them up next week, cause I constantly work in their area.

Over-all, I'm extremely happy with the service and deals tinderbox offers. They have found a solid customer in myself, and I just wanted to pass on my great experience with this company..to all of you.

*Important*
The 1 guy (my appologies for forgetting his name) asked me to give a review on the "Amante cigar" he gave me in the free 5 pack. Well, I'm not very good at doing cigar reviews, and I was wondering if a fellow Gorilla could help me out with this. If you ask me about a cigar my answer to you would be.."tastes good". I don't have the slightest clue about Earth tones..and woody flavors..things of that nature....waaaay beyond me.

So...for the first person who is qualified to do this..I well send you the Amante Cigar(see picture) and another cigar in that picture of your choice...for FREE. Plus..I will send you one of the other free cigars I got today from Tinderbox..to try that out as well. All I ask is..to provide a review for the board on the Amante cigar.

The first person to PM gets the 3 free cigars. Remember to pick out the other cigar(picture with 5 cigars) of your choice.

You can see the Amante(5 cigar pic)..4th 1 from the left.

*Cigar Bob PM me first..Thanks*

Last edited:
Sounds like they treated you right after the mix up! I love it when a company makes things right without going through all of the questioning. And the freebies...now that is the way it should be!

I've never ordered from the online Tinderbox, but my local TB I go to always has this kind of friendly service. I have nothing bad I can say about them except that they never have any Opus when I go. LOL They don't gouge on their prices either, atleast not the one here. Everything is very close to MSRP before tax.

I forgot to say that..before any discounts Tinderbox.com offers..they have the best prices I've seen on the internet, when it comes to the Diamond Crown Robusto #4 Maduros or Naturals. They are a very competitive company..and I think that's all that matters to everyone.

Thanks for the info. It is great when a company offers excellent customer service. It is so rare these days. I just placed an order with them moments before seeing you post. Thanks for reassuring me on this vendor.

Just got my order from them today, I also had placed an order on the 20%
discount. Both the boxes Were perfect, Priced great, and arrived quickly.
Great Place to buy cigars from! :ss

Thank you for sharing the story! I just received my order from them today. Absolute packaged perfection! Not only that, but I too got the 3 free cigars and the 10% off my next buy. I haven't dealt with any of the people over the phone, but I really like the service so far. Great prices, and they seem to always have some sort of deal going!

Thx for the review and I too am a new customer!

thanks for the great heads up...looks like they'll be getting some business from the members of this forum.:w

My local Tinderbox has outstanding service, stock and prices; of all the many B&M in the area I find myself at the Tinderbox the most. Further, they have more difficult to find cigars that others just don't have like the Tatuajes, LGD Factory Press (a whole box!), Master Blends 2&3, and (gasp!) about 20-30 sticks left in a former 100-count box of Partagas 150. To name a few. ONE of these days I'm going to have to pull the trigger on a few 150's to store (and never be able to find a reason good enough to smoke one......)

They also have an outstanding selection of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos at my local branch. Pipes from a plethora of manufacturers, and tobaccos from C&D, Gawith, Dunhill, Esoterica, McClelland and many more. Tinderbox is A-OK in my book also :ss

Back