Review: Stinky Ash Tray

davethemuss

Young Chimp
I just got one of these Stinky ash trays. Not that they Stink, its just there name.
It works great! Nice and deep, strong. A friends 2 year old played with it for hours, tossing it around, using it for a hat (this was before it had been used) and it suffered no damage. And it arrived so quickly!! I am sure it was only 2 days from order to arrival.
Pity my humidor and other things are taking longer :mad: my first one is really at breaking point now!
stinky1.jpg

stinky2.jpg

If JR isn't local for you let me plug Uncle Mikey /Mr Bundles. He has great prices and takes care of Club Stogie.. Be sure to join his email distribution for further discounts.

-Matt-

Those things look efficient and also like one could be made with a large stainless bowl, some flattened coins or half-tubes of stainless, and a soldering iron. I'm sure someone out there has tried that; who was it and how did it work?

Ivory Tower said:
Those things look efficient and also like one could be made with a large stainless bowl, some flattened coins or half-tubes of stainless, and a soldering iron. I'm sure someone out there has tried that; who was it and how did it work?

You read my mind! When the weather breaks, I plan to pull out the stick-welder, some 3/16" rod, and go to it!

20 bucks for the Stinky is pretty good! But I figure I have enough odds and ends back in the barn to make a few decent knock-offs!

i got mine as part of a bomb from the "justus league"... they heard me talking about getting one from bargainhumidors, but they were sold out. i think they were only $15 back then.

works great, holds tons of stogie nubs.

davethemuss said:
I just got one of these Stinky ash trays. Not that they Stink, its just there name.
It works great! Nice and deep, strong. A friends 2 year old played with it for hours, tossing it around, using it for a hat (this was before it had been used) and it suffered no damage. And it arrived so quickly!! I am sure it was only 2 days from order to arrival.
Pity my humidor and other things are taking longer :mad: my first one is really at breaking point now!

stinky2.jpg

Nice pic. I love mine from RJT. However mine doesn't have the logo on the side. The logos are on the stogie ledges.

IHT said:
i got mine as part of a bomb from the "justus league"... they heard me talking about getting one from bargainhumidors, but they were sold out. i think they were only $15 back then.

works great, holds tons of stogie nubs.

I just recieved 2 from Bargain Humidors this week and they are sold out again. $13.99 each was a steal.

Ivory Tower said:
Has anybody seen a stand for these things that is not the goofy looking one (IMO) that is sold on the Stinky site?

:tpd:
I've got a small patio set that gets pretty crowded with the BIG ashtray and my laptop (and sometimes my wives laptop too). I would also like a stand, but the one on Stinky's site is a bit overstyled for my taste.

The ashtray is AWESOME, as everyone else has said!

Buckeye said:
I just recieved 2 from Bargain Humidors this week and they are sold out again. $13.99 each was a steal.

Thanks for the tip, I will get one of these, I hope they ship to Canada, because they don't have them here.

I got mine yesterday and think it is a great ashtray for my purposes. I smoke outisde on the deck and found that the ashes would get blown away at times by a breeze because most ashtrays are simply to shallow. Stinky's does away with this problem. Also the stirrups allows for one to easily rest their smokes without worrying that they will roll off or into the ashtray. Simple and functional.

Back