Reviews of the VinoTemp

cigarlvr

ChestBeater
I am really thinking of picking oneof these up however going to a few online reviews and see they are not gettn great reviews saying it doesn't really get cool. it may be just a problem for wine but wanted to see who has one for cigars how is it working for you.

I read those reviews too, and thats mainly for storing whites. You won't need to ever get below 60 degrees. Had mine about 4 days (aired it out for 3 to get rid of new plastic smell). Waiting on Spanish Cedar for shelves, but so far, I am very happy.

If you can get it for $149, I'd highly recommend it.

I wouldn't think cooling would be a problem for you. I've had mine since October and really like it. Now I don't run mine because the room I keep it in stays between 65 - 70°F. I ran it for a while at the highest setting 66°F and it did fine. I am considering getting another one down the road since the prices seem to be coming down. I've attached a pic of mine. I think you would enjoy yours. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

Rick
:cb

I am really thinking of picking oneof these up however going to a few online reviews and see they are not gettn great reviews saying it doesn't really get cool. it may be just a problem for wine but wanted to see who has one for cigars how is it working for you.

I am not trying to be one of those "the search feature does wonders" people, but there are many threads that talk about the Vino and other models for humidors. In fact that is how I originally found CS, Googling for wine-chiller humidors.

So anyway, Vino's work out incredibly well for cigars. Check the other threads for options on setting it up.

I wouldn't think cooling would be a problem for you. I've had mine since October and really like it. Now I don't run mine because the room I keep it in stays between 65 - 70°F. I ran it for a while at the highest setting 66°F and it did fine. I am considering getting another one down the road since the prices seem to be coming down. I've attached a pic of mine. I think you would enjoy yours. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Hope this helps.

Rick

That is great. I am doing the same thing with Pepin Blue boxes, they fit perfectly side by side in the Vino.

I am not trying to be one of those "the search feature does wonders" people, but there are many threads that talk about the Vino and other models for humidors. In fact that is how I originally found CS, Googling for wine-chiller humidors.

So anyway, Vino's work out incredibly well for cigars. Check the other threads for options on setting it up.

That is great. I am doing the same thing with Pepin Blue boxes, they fit perfectly side by side in the Vino.

Good to know about the Pepin Blue boxes. That would be a smoke I would get a box of. Thanks,

Rick
:cb

Back