rh question

bige610

ChestBeater
I got one of those free smiley face ci cystal humidifiers a while back. i used distelled water and let it sit out for a day or so. i then put in in to replace my old prop glycol element. it was fine for about a week or so but now my rh is up over 70. how can i lower it. i took it out over night but that still didnt help.

i dont really have any money for bead or anyting right now either.

Have you calibrated your hygrometer? How are your cigars smoking?

i filled up a cap full of salt put it in a bag and and let it sit for half a day and it was at 75. thats correct right.

havent smoked any sticks out of it since the rh spiked.

i filled up a cap full of salt put it in a bag and and let it sit for half a day and it was at 75. thats correct right.

havent smoked any sticks out of it since the rh spiked.

Just salt or a salt with a little bit of h20 added to make a solution?

12 is ok, 24 hours is better, imo.

haha yeh salt and some water. ill do it again tonight and check it tomorrow when i get home from work. ill probably order some beads too.

Just salt or a salt with a little bit of h20 added to make a solution?

12 is ok, 24 hours is better, imo.

I got one of those free smiley face ci cystal humidifiers a while back. i used distelled water and let it sit out for a day or so. i then put in in to replace my old prop glycol element. it was fine for about a week or so but now my rh is up over 70. how can i lower it. i took it out over night but that still didnt help.

i dont really have any money for bead or anyting right now either.

All the "crystals" do is hold liquid, they're just a super absorbent polymer. You still need to use something like PG to regulate the humidity. Using it with just water is the same as filling your sponge with just water.

All the "crystals" do is hold liquid, they're just a super absorbent polymer. You still need to use something like PG to regulate the humidity. Using it with just water is the same as filling your sponge with just water.

i thought they were pg crystals? at least thats what they were advertised as. i could be wrong i am plenty of times. ill probably get some beads in there

spacer.gif

CI Smiley Crystal Gel Humidification

spacer.gif

High-tech humidification!!

This humidifier is among the best you can get among 25-50 capacity humidors. It contains specially formulated crystals made with propylene glycol to ensure optimum 70% humidity. Refills last 1-2 months at least, keeping you from having to baby-sit your precious stash.

i thought they were pg crystals? at least thats what they were advertised as. i could be wrong i am plenty of times. ill probably get some beads in there

Made with PG? They probably mean that it just comes with some PG already in it. As long as it didn't dry out, at least.

Back