RIP Anejo Sharks...and not the good way!

kgoings

Evolving Lead Gorilla
So I got a 5er of Anejo Sharks on CBID about 3 months ago...and I figured I would let them rest for at least 6 months before trying one. I put them in a pure cedar box along with some Montecristo Media Noche Churchils that I wanted to age a bit....the lid had no top.

Well the past week or so I have been working with Shilala to bring down the RH in my Vinotemp...it had spiked upto 72 after being at 66 for some time...so I followed all the instructions and got the beads down to 67 again and re-introduced them to my Vinotemp again...well the RH spiked again..back upto almost 72, I was like WTF!

So I pulled everything out of the Vino, and found that the box with the Sharks and Media Noche's in it had gotten bumped all the way back to the back of the Vinotemp..right in line with the drain route (drip path from the fan) and the box was completely SOAKED! Everything but one Media Noche and one Shark in the box was ruined...soaked and split!

:mad::mad::mad:

What a bummer! I guess you live and learn...but what a hard lesson!

If nothing else comes of it, at least there's a good warning in there. :tu
I'll be sure to pass the info along.
Sorry, brother!!!

There is some irony in the sharks drowning.

Anyway, don't throw them out. Try to dry them out a bit and smoke them. No, they won't be 100% of what they could be, but over time they may become a decent smoke.

I feel your pain. I got a box of sharks from the last release, and I opened them for the first time and bam, mold city.

That just stinks! That and cold fries are the worst things in the world... well not the worst, but annoying as hell.

Back