Roburn MT-7705 Micro Torch

catfishm2

Sneaky Bombin Bastage
These have been discussed before, but I feel it bears repeating in light of all the threads I've been seeing concerning torch lighters. I've owned Colibri, Nibo, Solo, Z-plus inserts, and countless no name lighters and this is the only one that has worked flawlessly from day one and is still working perfectly. I got mine in a special that came with 4 RP Vintage '92s for $29. You'll see them advertised for $29.95, but you can get them cheaper if take the time to search. Now granted you can't stick it in your pocket to carry, but for a lighter for your home, it can't be beat IMO.

It has a large capacity fuel resevoir(I've had mine about 6 months and haven't refilled it yet), you can adjust the flame from a pencil thin torch to a "soft" flame like a Bic, the height of the flame can be adjusted, and there's a button on the side to lock the flame on if you desire. It also has dimpled rubber inserts in the handle and it comes in different colors.

This is by far the best lighter I've ever owned. I was so sold on it that I talked Frank & Anita in to getting one. Now I just need to get a holster to carry it with me.

Best lighter we got by far.Thanks Mark. Hell he told me if I didn't like it he'd buy it from us. He ain't a gittin it..

I have the MT-770 and agree with Mark and Floyd completely; these are top notch lighters! Mine has been filled with nothing but crappy Ronson butane and it doesn't clog..

n6u8fb.gif

-Matt-

Functionality is bliss, isn't it, guys!?

I mean, what good is a Ferarri if it won't start!?

Here's my "house" lighter... And beyond firing up my cigars, it comes in damned handy for sweating pipes!!!

Fuel??? Only the finest! I buy propane at the Dollar Store.

Onward and forward!!!

Bump

I just ordered mine and it came with free shipping and 3 cans of butane for $40. They have this torch at my local cigar lounge and it just plain works.

Can anyone compare this lighter to the Blazer micro-torch (pb-207) from personal experience.

From Mark's description - this one seems larger, cheaper and has extra functionality.

I'm a fan of the Blazer - but maybe for a home lighter - this one is worth a try.

Andyman said:
Bump

I just ordered mine and it came with free shipping and 3 cans of butane for $40. They have this torch at my local cigar lounge and it just plain works.

Can you divulge your "source"??? :D

joed said:
Can anyone compare this lighter to the Blazer micro-torch (pb-207) from personal experience.

From Mark's description - this one seems larger, cheaper and has extra functionality.

I'm a fan of the Blazer - but maybe for a home lighter - this one is worth a try.

They are both as reliable as hammers, have continuous buttons, hold a TON of fuel, but there is such a difference in size that they have their own strong points. I have used my PB-207 almost exculsively since I got it a few months ago. It is also my first choice when leaving the house since it has a clear tank, so I don't have to worry about running out of fuel. Last week, I forgot it in my pants pocket upstairs so I got out the BIG torch ( I keep it on the fireplace mantle). I have had it on the patio since. They are both great lighters.
Right now Bonggoy has a GB on the 207 and you can get the Roburn at Bed Bath and Beyond for $25 or so (creme brulee set)
Hope that helps.

Jeff

this weekend a 4 year old decided to take my torch off the patio walk down to the lake and throw it in.. My wife says to me. "Your torch is in the lake" i'm like Wha?? yelling "Your torch, lake" The child is still standing there looking at it.. I let it dry out and took it all apart to get the sand out. After a little bit of work it is back to normal..

I guess it passes the durability test.

Been of the fence on the 7705 for some time now but this time I pulled the trigger and ordered one tonight....Club Stogie and all the goodies people keep smoking and reviewing is giving my credit card a real workout these days.

papajohn67 said:
Been of the fence on the 7705 for some time now but this time I pulled the trigger and ordered one tonight....Club Stogie and all the goodies people keep smoking and reviewing is giving my credit card a real workout these days.

Got the 7705 a couple of weeks ago and it is really slick. Already figuring out a bunch of other uses for it. Feel this was a pretty decent investment.

Back