Rocky Patel Connecticut Toro

F. Prefect

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I may end up revising this a bit after giving the balance of the cigars 3 or 4 months in the humi. But as of now, as is the case with most Rocky Patels, the construction and appearance were impecable as was the burn, but I found myself being a little disappointed in the lack of flavor. Reminded me a little of the 5 Vegas Gold series, but more expensive.

To sum up, for those who's tastes run to the mild side, many will find this cigar to their liking, but after smoking only one, I have to admit I was expecting a little more of a punch.:2

F. Prefect

I found the flavor on these to be very mild. I picked up a 5er from here but have only tried one so far. I will try one in the am with a cup of coffee to see how that combo works.

It's very mild - much like the RP 99 vintage but at a better cost thanks to CI & the devile site. Great morning smoke with a cup of coffee.

I just tried one of these tonight. I really enjoyed it. It was ultra smooth and mild. It reminded me of the CAO Gold and the Fonseca 5-50's. I would give it a 8.5/10 :tu

I just tried one of these tonight. I really enjoyed it. It was ultra smooth and mild. It reminded me of the CAO Gold and the Fonseca 5-50's. I would give it a 8.5/10 :tu

Speaking of Fonsecas, I recently received a couple of 5 packs of the 7X50 Fonseca Habana Selección #1 Double Corona and found it to be an excellent cigar. Mild, but plenty of flavor. The only fault I could find being it was just too darn much cigar (1 1/2 hrs) for one sitting.:ss

I should really get out of the habit of smoking a new cigar I had never tried before after only a few hours of humi time, but you know how that goes. I fully expect the Rocky Patel Connecticuts to improve with a little additional aging and I'll probably be revising my review in about 6 months or so. Or at least I hope so.:D

F. Prefect

I had one about a week ago. The construction, burn, and draw were all fantastic but it was VERY mild. The only thing I tasted while smoking was the tabacco which was very smooth. Its seem like it would be a great morning smoke.

Back