Rocky Patel Edge Toro Maduro

mash

Evolving Lead Gorilla
This was my first RP, got a box of these a month ago and tried the first one today. Seems from what I've read this is a pretty polarizing cigar, people seem to really like it or really hate it. I keep my humi at 65%.
Nice looking stick, very dark wrapper, nicely rolled. A real meaty cigar, hefty and solid-feeling. Lit easily, found I had to work at the draw just a bit, but very straight burn, nice white ash, consistent. This thing lasts a while too.
As for the taste, I've heard friends say how this hits you right out of the box, lots of flavour right away, no buildup. I didn't find that so much, in fact I thought it was pretty simple and uninteresting all the way through. Tasted a bit charred at times. Fairly strong cigar overall.
Interested to let these sit awhile, and see how they compare over the next 6-12 months.
What do others think of these?

I like them. I find them to be a straight forward tasty maduro. Not sophisticated or nuanced but tasty and enjoyable.

I like them. I find them to be a straight forward tasty maduro. Not sophisticated or nuanced but tasty and enjoyable.

:tpd: That's what I have found.

Not very complicated so that is why you either love it or hate it.
They are a very consistent cigar, at least the ones I have had.
I find them to be a very enjoyable every day smoke.

Chas

Back