Rocky Patel Jr.

CigarMonkel

Alpha Silverback
Well Nozero gifted me this Rocky Patel Jr., if he knew i liked rocky patel's or not im not too sure. This is just a little guy maybe 5x46? a complete guess (should have measured it with the RG/ruler that i was gifted.. can you measure the ash!? :r). Ok onto the review!

ok i lied... me and jordan (JE146) were talking about if sticks that feel rock hard smoke any different? this one felt "rock hard" but was kept in the humi which is holding 65%RH and the other sticks feel fine. any input on this would help me and jordan out a lot! TIA guys.

This stick felt very firm and stiff with very little give and it had a nice dark and oily wrapper but it wasn't the most pretty cigar i've seen with little bumps here and there, quite a few veins and the cap wasn't the best either.

Picture041-640.jpg

the wrapper seemed to be darker and lighter in some spots of the wrapper which i've never seen before... except the taboo twist! :r

Picture034-640.jpg

the cut was nice and clean with very little spray and/or loose ends.

Picture035-640.jpg

once again we have the Cigarmonkel Specialty light! uneven as hell but right from the get go this thing gave out a very nice mellow spice and leather taste. The draw was above average but nothing special and the smoke it produced was i'd say a little below average. When you would take a puff with the amount of drag you put into it you would think you would produce more smoke... but you never did.

Picture036-640.jpg

as you can see the burn has started to even itself out. The leather would come in and out as it chose to and the spice would stay present throughout the cigar. The draw would also continue to stay the same till the end.

Picture038-640.jpg

The PAM i smoked the other night would ash itself maybe every 1/4 or 1/3 of an inch which i thought was kind of funny but i do realize shorter smokes tend to ash sooner then the larger ones.. but this one wanted to be different i guess (damn hippies!)

Picture039-640.jpg

i guess QUITE different! this thing didn't ash till it was right past the half way point in the cigar. Everything still the same old, a nice consistent cigar you could call it.

Picture040-640.jpg

after it ashed it got bitter so i purged it and it seemed to do the trick. Although maybe 6 puffs later it got bitter again and purging it only seemed to put the bitterness at bay for a few short puffs. The spice had gone home cause maybe it was bored with me and some cream came into play. It was a different cream that i haven't tasted before and left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Picture042-640.jpg

i gave up on it a few puffs later. This was a solid 30ish minute smoke, a good cheap lunch break smoke if your a fan of RP. Personally, i would go with a CAO Gold karat (the tin's) or a CAO Brazilia tin cigar it i only had 30minutes for a smoke. probably right in the same price range as these and provide a better overall taste... and aftertaste (yuck!)

Smoke: 5.5/10
Appearance: 6.5/10
Taste: 7/10
Construction: 8.75/10
draw: 7/10

it was worth a try and thank you nozero for a new smoke! I was really happy with the first half but after that it just went downhill and quite fast too.

WOW ! Nice Review..
Good Picture prompts too!:tu
For me Rocky's are always all or nothing, either I nub it or I toss it.

Back