Rocky Patel Lite

CigarMonkel

Alpha Silverback
I was gifted this cigar by rob (goodfella) and he said i would like this cigar, and i must agree with him i do!

It was about noon and it was mid to high 40's out so i headed outside with a big cup of coffee. The appearance of the wrapper seemed dark and oily and didn't have a lot of smell to it. I had no idea what to except besides the fact i was told it was a more mellow cigar.

Picture021-640edge.jpg

The trusty Xikar and lotus lighter!

Picture022-640edge.jpg

The cut was very clean and nothing flew out of the cap which shocked me, cleanest cut i've made so far on any cigar. The prelight draw discouraged me since it seemed like it was maybe rolled too tightly and i seemed to have to really work for any smoke. It tasted somewhat peppery and leathery. I toasted the end and began to puff.

Picture011-640BL.jpg

once again, the famous Cigarmonkel light... uneven but as soon as i took the first couple puffs i was quite happy. The draw didn't loosen up like i was hoping it would once i lit it but the taste was of cream and a mellow peppery taste which i love so much in more mild cigars.

Picture003-640edge.jpg

about 1 3/4s of an inch in the wrapper burst, not sure why? It wasn't cold out or anything. I was surprised when i got about 1inch in and noticed how firmly the ash was holding and was expecting it to ash right around here.... WRONG

Picture004-640edge.jpg

still holding strong!! same taste (no complaints) the burn was a little uneven (i know it looks even here) on the flop side of this it was starting to creep ahead.

Picture005-640edge.jpg

STILL HOLDING!!!! about half way through the cigar my ash was still there, and no i wasn't holding the cigar straight up while i was puffing either. I was smoking this cigar like i would any other. I had a feeling it would take longer for this cigar to ash.. but i didn't expect this! The burn is still a little uneven but the great taste is still there. The draw is still not the best and feel i have to work for my smoke.

Picture007-640EDGe.jpg

The finish was a completely new story. I had to purge it 3 times cause it kept getting bitter and i had to fix burn issues at least twice and once with a relight. The last 1/3 of this stick gave me more trouble then any 1 cigar throughout the whole smoke. This cigar went from :D to :hn in a matter of seconds. Threw it out right about here.

Appearance: 8.5/10
Draw: 5/10
Taste: 8.5/10
Smoke: 7.5/10
Burn: 6.5/10

this will definitely be a nice yard gar!

i just realized i named this thread Rocky Patel "lite"... its really a rocky patel Edge! SORRY! if a mod can fix that it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

i just realized i named this thread Rocky Patel "lite"... its really a rocky patel Edge! SORRY! if a mod can fix that it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

That's what I was thinking as soon as I saw the pictures! :r :ss

Back