Rocky Patel OSG (Original Sun Grown)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-OQA&cat=3

Looks like it's just coming out. Don't suspect anyone has tried it yet, but any inputs.

Real or Gimmick to trail on the success of the regular red labeled Sun Grown?

Cheers,

BillyBarue

Well I'm not going to rush out and buy some since it's limited to the stock on hand. It would piss me off if I really did like them knowing I could not get anymore.

And hey - OT - looks like the colors are going to change up here soon - expecting cooler weather - good time to hit Rock Creek, Old Town and such as you know!

Later,

Ron

And hey - OT - looks like the colors are going to change up here soon - expecting cooler weather - good time to hit Rock Creek, Old Town and such as you know!

Later,

Ron

YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! It finally cooled off a little down here this week (actually a lot today). But Fall just ain't like it is back home. And throw a NOVA Herf on top of it - I think I am gonna cry; Honestly.

Cheers,

Joe

Sigh, now that's two RP gars on backorder from CI that I want to buy... My wife will have my head this month :c

freakin rocky is putting out there huh?
i didnt care for the sun grown rocky, but i love the 90, 92, and edge. i have the owr but am letting those soak up the age.

I don't get it. They bought all 100,000 stogies and now their on back order?
I thought these were all that was left.

And another thing: For addicts like us, the one sure-fire sales pitch that works without fail is "These are all that is left. When they're gone they're gone"

Works on me, I know that. Larry.

Whenever anyone says "We Toured Rocky's Factory..." its most likely a private label. I was invited to Honduras for a tour for our private label and thats usually why retailers go to see it. I sniff a marketing gimmick, I'll ask my Rep he's coming in tommorow.

Oh how could his mostness play with our emotions in this way??:confused:
Jeez this dual citizenship in two countries is gettin expensive:hn
My abode in Pepinburg is tasty and cozy, and my crib in Patelia is oh so homey, but the upkeep is killin me!!:hn

The way CI words things, claims they bought a bunch of cigars that you won't be able to get again, then put em on backorder, is not the way to do business. I won't be buying.
Scott

Scott,

They are probably on back order because they simply are not in yet or are still clearing inventory after the shipment.

I think you see that a lot. Same thing happened with the new Famous 3000's. The website went from unavailable to "backorder". I talked to them about the time they were listed as backordered and they hadn't even got the shipment in yet. It was a week or two before they got them in, they cleared inventory, and they started shipping.

FWIW, Cheers,

BillyBarue

Scott,

They are probably on back order because they simply are not in yet or are still clearing inventory after the shipment.

I think you see that a lot. Same thing happened with the new Famous 3000's. The website went from unavailable to "backorder". I talked to them about the time they were listed as backordered and they hadn't even got the shipment in yet. It was a week or two before they got them in, they cleared inventory, and they started shipping.

FWIW, Cheers,

BillyBarue

:tpd: I'm pretty sure they are backordered because the whole shipment is not in.

I am not sure about these, they also seem a little expensive, I know they are cheaper, a little less expensive as the originals. I am a huge rocky fan, most of everything he puts out is really good, but I think it is getting to big, he just put of the fusion, I also heard about a vintage connecticut
http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx?page=product&sender=ccsearch&uid=1502
then there is also the signature
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=467
To me it just sounds to much

Well if yer hot you gotta go with it but, he IS putting out a lot of new stuff and all at the same time; I question the wisdom in that. It gives the impression that he is glutting the market with his stuff. Hell, whats the hurry?!

Well if yer hot you gotta go with it but, he IS putting out a lot of new stuff and all at the same time; I question the wisdom in that. It gives the impression that he is glutting the market with his stuff. Hell, whats the hurry?!

Yeah - I'm with you on that. In general - I really like the RP lines - there are some that I could do without though.

Ron

With RP, and with other over-hyped cigars like Opus etc. I am making a conscious effort to screen out the noisy sales pitches and form my own opinion. To do this, I simply smoke one in a quiet, leisurely manner on my patio or at Starbucks.:s

And another thing - I just got out of my car, was tuned to the news station. There was a "report" by Anthony Dias Blue (?) regarding a new Stags Leap Cellars release:
It seems that this new wine offering is made from grapes grown in eroded soil, and has a wonderfully full, smooth and creamy texture. It sells for $1,200.- per case, and there are only 300 cases being released. When it's gone it's gone.
Does this sound in any way familiar? Larry.;)

I just got a fiver of petite corona's from the devil site for 13 bucks. They have really nice and almost flawless construction with the wrapper being a bit veiny though.

It smells alot like a VSG or an Opus. Kinda nice. The review will come later though. This will be one of my Wed. smokes. Stay tuned for the review!
Sorry about the crappy pic though. My phone = El Sucko.

Last edited:
Back