Rocky Patel Sun Grown

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Rocky Patel Sun Grown
Petite Perfecto
4.5 x 49

If I recall correctly this was gifted by jjirons69 or longknocker. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly who it was, but they're both stand up guys who rawk out. Smoked it last night while listening to the rain fall and drinking a cup of coffee.

The wrapper is very dark and oily with a soft velvety feel. It has a nice earthy scent to it, and looks delicious.

The initial flavors were a medium-full bodied sweet woody, toasty, and slightly spicey profile. It's very pleasant, and seems to hold some classic flavors by RP, but with some spice.

the first third opens up toasty and woody, with a hint of nuts and earth, and some spice mixed throughout. The flavors mix very well, and the woody flavor dominates in the beginning to give way to the spice.

The second third the nutty earthy flavor builds, on par with the sweet woodiness. The spice is there as well, and more dominant in the finish.

The final third is more like the first third. The spice continues to build, but doesn't overpower the other flavors. It's well balanced, and very pleasant.

The draw was a little tight at first, but opened up nicely once past the small tip. I did have to correct the burn getting past that shoulder, but it wasn't a big deal, and probably would've fixed itself. The burn otherwise was excellent. The ash held on for a good while, almost half the stick. Construction is excellent on this little perfecto, and I wouldn't mind grabbing some more off the devil's site.

To sungrowns have a great flavor with a perfect balance of sweetness. I have heard that the factory selects are the sungrowns as well.....may have to find out.

Finishing up a torpedo as I type. I love 'em! I do find the Petite Perfecto to be a little stronger than the other vitolas. Still great though. Very nice review.

this is one of the RP i do like. still can tend to sneek up on ya with its power. to bad RP is done making them. nice review.

Love the Sun Growns. Haven't had the pleasure of knowing this little perfecto, but I will.

Great pics -- the label on the ashtray is a very nice touch.

Thanks for the review, these are my favorites by RP. I pick up a bundle from time to time of the Rocky Patel Factory Select Sungrowns from Famous Smoke. Great value. I don't know if these are 2nds of RP sungrowns are another blend.......But they sure do taste and smoke good for around 3 bucks a stick.

Mark

Back