Rocky Patel Sungrown Robusto

jmcrawf1

Redneck Gorilla
Here go's......

Construction- Sungrown rosado wrapper...minimal veins....very oily/shiny

Prelight- Cut with xikar cutter. Prelight draw was a little on the tight side.

Burn- Lit with xikar executive butane lighter. The burn was fairly even all the way down. It wasn't perfect but didn't require any touch up's. I just had to slow down and it corrected itself.

Flavor- Boy, here's my favorite part. The flavor of this cigar all the way through, i can best describe as, sweet tobacco. A mixture of straight up sugar/brown sugar/caramel and tobacco. Towards the end a little spicyness shows up but only to complement the sweetness.

Overall- The draw on this particular one (i've smoked a couple) was tight to the point of being a little bit annoying. I didn't correct it with tools (bc i don't have any) but it wasn't unsmokable. The flavor of this cigar makes up for any draw problems. The flavor is so good i still hold this as my "go-to" smoke, when i want something i know will deliver.

Overall- 8.0 (only because of the draw, but like i said it's not typical) I highly recommend you BOTL's have a box of these on hand.

Thanks for reading.:ss

The RP Sungrown Robusto are one of my favorites. I'm about 2/3 the way through a box now and have only had draw or burn problems on maybe one or two, and they have all been delicious :dr.

Nice review. I've had a couple of these a find they are a great cigar. The ones I smoked had an easy draw and left a very pronounced chocolate aftertaste when I was done.

Nice review...I've got one of these in my box, that I just haven't pulled the trigger on...you know, once it's gone, it's gone...or you have to get another. :) Anyway, thanks for the review...you did good.

Nice review

and I concur...except for the draw part
The flavor was very nice. Burnt my fingers on it actually (first time) the word roach came to mind....flashback.

It was a wonderful experience.

B:ss

I just finished one a few hours ago... it was fantastic. Lots of woodsy-spice, but not overly powerful. The burn was fantastic, as was the draw. Aside from some wrapper issues, it was a fantastic cigar, and I'll definitely try another!:tu

Great review, bro!:ss

I enjoyed your review, thanks! Now I just have to get one or more of these to try for myself!
:tu

Great review.
I have a box of these that I got about six months ago. I pulled one out a week ago and fired it up. Like yours started out a little tight but loosened up quick. I Really liked this smoke.
How long did it last? The one I had took almost two hours! :tu That suprised me for the shorter robusto length. Perfect burn all the way.
Like you I would recommend this one to all.

Great review.
I have a box of these that I got about six months ago. I pulled one out a week ago and fired it up. Like yours started out a little tight but loosened up quick. I Really liked this smoke.
How long did it last? The one I had took almost two hours! :tu That suprised me for the shorter robusto length. Perfect burn all the way.
Like you I would recommend this one to all.

yep...robusto is my favorite vitola in this one (i've tried them all) and i get every bit of an hour and a half to 2 hrs. out of em

Interesting review. I smoked one of these a few days ago and after 90 minutes I still wasn't finished, so I had to pitch it. I thought there was something wrong with me because it took so long to smoke a robusto, but I guess this is a long lasting one. Once they are in stock, I will be picking up a factory select box of these.

I like these to. After smoking about 3 from my local shop(in about a months time) i deicided to pull the trigger on a box. I got it back in April and they are still a little stout, but very good. The ones I smoked from the shop were smoother, maybe they had been there for awhile.
Good review! :ss

Just finished one up myself. Thought it was only me who had problems with the dram,was a pretty hard draw. And I aree with Big D on the stoutness,age problems does these wonders. But it was still a good smoke.

Back