Rocky Patel Vintage Euro 92

bbaug14

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I've read what I could find on here about this cigar (which was very little, but much on the 90), and I was wondering what people thought about this cigar. I received ten torpedoes from a friend, and I haven't sparked one up just yet as I thought I'd let them sit a bit and get some info on them from my fellow gorillas. From what I've been able to find, they are milder than the regular vintage, but I wasn't able to find anything in regards to if they are a decent smoke or a dog rocket. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion on these?

I just got some of these last week from the devil site and right now they're taking a nap in the humi. I almost smoked one tonight but once I took the cello off and sniffed it, I decided it probably needs some age. It smelled funky in not so great a way.

I may go ahead and take the hit for the Club and spark one up tomorrow. Sacrificing my palate and taste buds for the sake of the good B/SOTL here at Club Stogie is the very least I can do for all the kindness I've been shown here. ;)
Kelly

I'm a fan of the RP Vintage cigars and won a 5 pack a few months ago for Euros. I actually enjoy the Euro version a little more because it's a round cigar (not a huge fan of box pressing). Flavor to me was very similar though the euro wrapper was a lighter shade...not as handsome as the regular Vintage.

I won a 10 pack of the 92's over at cbid a while ago. I liked them. They became much better once they had some time at rest. It has been a while since I had one, and I preobably have 1 or 2 left somewhere. They are milder than the regular RP Vintages but, not without their own attractions. A good and decent cigar IMO.

I also smoked my way through a 5 pack from Cbid earlier this year. I liked them more than any other RP. On the mild side but a great burner, lots of smoke and I can't identify tastes but whatever it was I liked it alot.

I broke down and smoked one of these last night. I just had to try it as it was staring at me from inside my humi calling me many hurtful things. I had to burn it down.

I felt it was a pretty good smoke, especially for a newbie like me. The flavor was good, although very mild. It was nice that it was round as well, because I too am not a fan of boxed pressed. About half way through the smoke, the cigar generated a much more pleasureable flavor. It was very earthy, or as much so as a mild cigar can be. I smoked it to the nub and enjoyed every second of it. I would suggest this to beginners, but could easily see a veteran of cigars getting bored with this smoke. For me, I'll definitely smoke one again and I'm going to wait a month or two and let them sit to see what effect it has.

I love this cigar. Great medium bodied cigar with that great earthy/woody Rocky Patel signature flavor. The only reservation I have about this smoke is that it has a lot of nicotine in it, so definitely if you don't like the buzz be drinking/eating something sweet while you smoke it or beforehand. I have six of these aging in my humidor, and I hear they get much better after about a year or so of rest, but try it out now! I don't think you'll be dissappointed!

-Mark

I love this cigar. Great medium bodied cigar with that great earthy/woody Rocky Patel signature flavor. The only reservation I have about this smoke is that it has a lot of nicotine in it, so definitely if you don't like the buzz be drinking/eating something sweet while you smoke it or beforehand. I have six of these aging in my humidor, and I hear they get much better after about a year or so of rest, but try it out now! I don't think you'll be dissappointed!

-Mark

I think you were referring to the Vintage 92 and not the Euro, which I whole heartedly agree....

Back