Ron Centenaro XX

kgoings

Evolving Lead Gorilla
They have some of this at a local Grocery store (Fine Foods) is this a hard to come by Rum?

8508.gif

Hard for me here in North Carolina! I have to order it from an online retailer in California. :ss

It is GREAT rum.

Yeah, we have to special order it here in SC, too. They carry it at Total Wine stores and stock it in Florida. That's where I last picked it up. It's a nice sipping rum. Let us know what you think!

Never seen it in MD, and it's illegal to ship here, so I'm SOL. I'm hoping my company decides to send me out to CA somewhere in the near future for a new project, I'll bring an extra suitcase just for rum :)

Yeah, we have to special order it here in SC, too. They carry it at Total Wine stores and stock it in Florida. That's where I last picked it up. It's a nice sipping rum. Let us know what you think!
Yep, Total Wine always has it in stock. I had been wanting to try this one and finally got around to buying a bottle of it Friday. I like it. It is definitely smooth and to me, has a heavy molasses flavor. I think I can add this one to the rotation.

Yep, Total Wine always has it in stock. I had been wanting to try this one and finally got around to buying a bottle of it Friday. I like it. It is definitely smooth and to me, has a heavy molasses flavor. I think I can add this one to the rotation.

Is the taste profile similary to Pyrat XO? Pyrat XO has a very heavy molasses flavor.

I haven't had that one yet. It is another one I'm itching to try. To me, the closest I have tried that tastes similar to it is the Ron Zacapa 23.

It's good to know the Pyrat has a molasses profile though because I like that in my rum.

don't think it's available here in NC. I'd love to get my hands on some though. I had my fair share of Altharp's bottle. Very nice....

Is the taste profile similary to Pyrat XO? Pyrat XO has a very heavy molasses flavor.

It is in a different league than Pyrat. Pyrat is good on the rocks or neat. XX is at the top of the heap with Diplomaticos and Zacapa 23 and Zaya are a notch below them.

scottie

Looks like SF?? He is a member of the Bay Area Brothers of the Leaf
Is that right Darrell???? If so, BevMo is supposed to start carrying it but Beltramos has Centenario XX on the shelf all day. I don't do shipping either. ;)

If you really want to steal something... without risk of jail time, select Bay Area BevMos have St. Vincent Sunset Extra Gold - nothing spectacular but an excellent mixing rum - (I prefer over Bacardi 8 or Flor 7) - now being sold out @ $6.99. They don't list so it's hit and miss and at that price I don't expect you can go about it leisurely if interested.

I guess BevMO just got this in, I found a bottle today. I know for a FACT that they did not have any bottles last week. :dr

My beautiful wife had some friends pick up 3 bottles for me while they were in Florida. What an unexpected birthday present! I had raved about after I tasted some that Atlharp brought to a herf in N.C.

Goooooood stuff!

Back