Ronson Jet-Lite Fuel?

longknocker

SilverBack
O.K., gorillas, after all the positive info I've seen recently on the forum about Ronson lighters, I broke down and bought one at Wal-Mart today for $2.99! My question is: Should I refill with my Vector fuel that I already have, or follow the manufacturer's recommendations and only use "Ronson Multi-Fill"?

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Anything 5x refined...I prefer Lava, others prefer Vector, both will keep your lighter cleaner urning and add to its life.

You dont need to fill it with the good stuff..it will turn in to a burner though!! I have a number of them floating around and I put in what ever is closer and have had no issues.

Shawn

I just use the cheap (98c at the Dollar Store) Ronson fuel in all my lighters.
Never had a problem with any of them.

O.K., gorillas, after all the positive info I've seen recently on the forum about Ronson lighters, I broke down and bought one at Wal-Mart today for $2.99! My question is: Should I refill with my Vector fuel that I already have, or follow the manufacturer's recommendations and only use "Ronson Multi-Fill"?

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Manufacturer's reccomendation is just that. You bought a Ronson product, so they WANT you to buy the butane from them as well. Just like using the same brand oil as your car or bike. Just really another way for them to make money off of you. Use whatever you like. Some will say use top of the line butane.....I say use whatever you want in it. It's a $3 lighter and doesn't require $10 fuel.

I find I prefer the Roson fuel to the better more refined fuels in my Jet-Lite.

Reason being that the flam is MUCH harder to control on the lighter with the higher grade fuel. I have to constantly adjust it (not just one lighter either, I have a dozen of them I use) to prevent it from becoming a shop torch.

Using the Ronson fuel the flame doesn't need adjustment.

Back