Ronson Table torch...thoughts?

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I was at walmart today and what do I see but a Table Torch for around $25. It looks like the ES1000 from blazer that my local B&M has out for use to use to fire up. I was thinking about picking this up but after listening to DWSC and they were talking about not using high heat torches. Anyway, back to the topic, what do we think about table torches in general? http://www.ronsoncorp.com/techtorch.cfm link to what I'm talking about

Yes.............looks good to me......... I have several pocket lighters from Ronson and I think there great, however I don't use their fuel. As far as high heat ...well...I haven't heard that one until just now so I can't help you. to me if you like it and want it then pull the trigger.

Yes.............looks good to me......... I have several pocket lighters from Ronson and I think there great, however I don't use their fuel. As far as high heat ...well...I haven't heard that one until just now so I can't help you. to me if you like it and want it then pull the trigger.

I hadn't even thought about it till DWSC brought it up

now with lot of practice and increased range.....you could light other people's cigars from afar!!! and their hair..and eyebrows..and mustaches and beards..

I have and use this one.
bernzomatic-trigger-start-micro-torch-st1100t.jpg

I was thinking of buying the same one yesterday (the Ronson, I mean). I'll probably buy it next week, unless someone gives reasons not to.

With the number of Blazer pocket torches out there (2500 F) I think that its probably fine. I have and occassionaly use a creme brule torch I got at TJ Maxx for under 10 bucks.

I have that torch, very nice intense flame that will adjust to a pin point. On the negative side, as indicated on the website, it needs to be lit with another flame source and it is not very wind resistant. Even with these negatives, I love it and would buy it again.

Personally for that price I would look at a Roburn micro torch, or for less money the one that Harbor Freight sells.

If you notice what is included one of the items is a sparker. The torch is not self igniting.

That looks great. I've seen table torches typically used in cigar lounges where they are quite handy. I think they are great esp for use outdoors and if you don't need to carry them around then they are easier to use I think than a lighter given the larger size.

Back