Roomador

mash

Evolving Lead Gorilla
My Aristocrat was supposed to arrive at my home last week, unfortunately delayed a week while held in Canadian customs, so they can get their pound of flesh. I ordered a few boxes to get here at the same time, they arrived and no room in my desktop. I went to Sears and bought a cheap humidifier, made sure it was for a room larger than my office. Set it up, put a towel under the door and the room is sitting at 66%. It's a bit finicky, but it works and at least will keep the stogies humidified for the next few days. Anyone else ever tried this?

My Aristocrat was supposed to arrive at my home last week, unfortunately delayed a week while held in Canadian customs, so they can get their pound of flesh. I ordered a few boxes to get here at the same time, they arrived and no room in my desktop. I went to Sears and bought a cheap humidifier, made sure it was for a room larger than my office. Set it up, put a towel under the door and the room is sitting at 66%. It's a bit finicky, but it works and at least will keep the stogies humidified for the next few days. Anyone else ever tried this?

If I did that and it worked, shelves would be up and I would have started stocking that room.

Now thats a humi !! :tu

we keep a humidifier in the kids room set to 60RH... and it keeps it pretty well... the room isn't well sealed, and I live in dry So Cal, so I usually have to fill the 2.5gal reservior every 3 to 4 days in the summer... that could get pretty expensive if I had to use distilled water to do that.

yeah, I think it was Mo that has the multiple himidifiers in the closet. If I remember correctly, he uses two of the same humidifiers that I have. his closet looks very :dr

we keep a humidifier in the kids room set to 60RH... and it keeps it pretty well... the room isn't well sealed, and I live in dry So Cal, so I usually have to fill the 2.5gal reservior every 3 to 4 days in the summer... that could get pretty expensive if I had to use distilled water to do that.

yeah, I think it was Mo that has the multiple himidifiers in the closet. If I remember correctly, he uses two of the same humidifiers that I have. his closet looks very :dr

Do I need to worry about using distilled water if the boxes are sealed?

If you are stocking your kids room with cigars and humidifying it, its not the contaminates from the tap water you have to worry about... :p

mhihi...

I don't have cigars in the kid's room... although, it sounds like a pretty good idea...:r

Easy to keep those boxes well humidified until your Aristocrat arrives and is prepared for use.
Get the very largest available Zip Lock bags.
Throw in a humidifier of any kind (I like the gel sticks).
Seal the bag.
Place it somewhere out of the direct sun light.
Go relax and have a good time.
Your cigars will be fine when ready to go into the seasoned Aristocrat.

Easy to keep those boxes well humidified until your Aristocrat arrives and is prepared for use.
Get the very largest available Zip Lock bags.
Throw in a humidifier of any kind (I like the gel sticks).
Seal the bag.
Place it somewhere out of the direct sun light.
Go relax and have a good time.
Your cigars will be fine when ready to go into the seasoned Aristocrat.

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking when I read the original post... Could also pick up water pillows for the zip locks... :ss

Commander Quan said:
I believe it's Mo who a humidified closet

This is what Mo's closet-a-dor looks like (IHT to the right)

100_2072.sized.jpg

MoTheMan and I in front of the closet
100_2076.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys. I've been monitoring the room with a digital hygro and it is in the mid 60's now. Other than having to refill the humidifier once a day no problem. Should get the humi in the next 3-4 days, so I think I'm OK.

Wow, Canadian customs are going to have a field day with an aristocrat. I would not be surprised if you see a bill for $400 and upwards just for bringing it across the border. They tax heavly on wood because its a security threat as it could contain infections for our forests.

I hope they go easy, but I've had ridiculous experience with bringing wood across the border.

Wow, Canadian customs are going to have a field day with an aristocrat. I would not be surprised if you see a bill for $400 and upwards just for bringing it across the border. They tax heavly on wood because its a security threat as it could contain infections for our forests.

I hope they go easy, but I've had ridiculous experience with bringing wood across the border.

$427.08 to be exact, GST and PST. This is independant of what it is, just based on value of goods, at least no duty given that it's "furniture". Looking forward to having it, that's for sure.

Back