Rothchild vs Chateau

jamminison

Big Young Ape
Does anyone now the difference in these two cigars? I have smoked many Chateaus and had a maddy Rothchild for the first time last week and enjoyed it. While shopping for a box I noticed they are 10 bucks more than the Chateaus and both are 4.5-50. Appears they have the same filler and I would assume maduro wrapper is the same.Other than Roth's come naked they can't be the same can they?

I don't think "chateau" is the name of a vitola, per se, unlike "rothschild," which is used by some manufacturers more-or-less as a synonym for a (shortish) "robusto." Are you referring to a modification of a trade name, such as "Chateau Fuente"?

-Ken

I am sorry i forgot to mention these are both Fuente cigars in their normal line. I read the link and it seems their must be a blend difference.I thought all of the regular Fuente line had the same filler regardless of the size of the cigar.

The Chateau Natural is a Connecticut Shade, the Chateau Maduro and Rothschild Maduro are both Connecticut Broadleaf.

The Rothschild natural is Cameroon.

The Chateau series, ( Chateau Fuente, Double Chateau Fuente, Royal Salute, Cuban Belicoso, King B) are a different blend from the 'regular' fuente line.

The Chateau Natural is a Connecticut Shade, the Chateau Maduro and Rothschild Maduro are both Connecticut Broadleaf.

The Rothschild natural is Cameroon.

The Chateau series, ( Chateau Fuente, Double Chateau Fuente, Royal Salute, Cuban Belicoso, King B) are a different blend from the 'regular' fuente line.

Great to see you around here, Jake. When are we going to smoke a few shitty old cigars together?

Back