RP Cuban Blend, anyone tried this?

Cigar Hound

Reading More Posting Less
I just received a new catalog with an order from Famous and see that Rocky Patel has a new puro out called "Rocky Patel Cuban Blend". It's 100% Honduran with 5 yr aged Ligero filler and binder in either Corojo or Maduro wrapper. Looks like a nice stick, sounds good, but was wondering if anyone has tried one and what your take on it is?

Cigar Hound said:
I just received a new catalog with an order from Famous and see that Rocky Patel has a new puro out called "Rocky Patel Cuban Blend". It's 100% Honduran with 5 yr aged Ligero filler and binder in either Corojo or Maduro wrapper. Looks like a nice stick, sounds good, but was wondering if anyone has tried one and what your take on it is?
Man, that does sound good, but maybe he should have called it the "Rocky Patel Honduran Blend" huh?! I'll give it a shot if I see it at the B&M though

Im always wary of Honduran tobacco as i feel it can [not always] be one of the worst tobaccos of them all. i know many people do not like it at all. best advice is to find a honduran puro and see if you like it and use that as a guide for this cigar. will only give you a rough idea but worth a try. or you could just buy one and if you dont like it, what the heck-its just more experience for you and you can post a ranty review and get it off your chest lol! good luck

I bought some Toros with the natural wrapper. Of course I wasn't expecting them to taste Cuban, but since RP makes some decent cigars, I thought they were worth trying. I've only had one (after maybe 5 days in my humi), and it was ... good... but not great. Unfortunately I didn't pay close enough attention to it for a full review, but just by memory I would say maybe it was a bit like an earthier version of an LGCR Natural...

Back