RP Double Maduro?

jjirons69

Son of Evil Emperor Zurg
I'm a big fan of the RP 1990 and 1992. The description for the double maduro says it's nipping at the heels of 90s and 92s. I have yet to run across one to try and was wondering how they compare. They look great.

Anyone care to compare?

Last edited:
This is Joe's deal today, 10 for $40.

I'm not sold on the cigar, not enough to buy 10 anyway. I'd love to try one at a herf or something.

This is Joe's deal today, 10 for $40.

I'm not sold on the cigar, not enough to buy 10 anyway. I'd love to try one at a herf or something.

:tpd: That's my thinking! Never had a bad 90 or 92, but hate to over-commit without a taste. That's why I'm soliciting some thoughts.

That's why I said PM the guy who had some. I just left out the "ask him how he likes them" part. :D

You Clemson guys...:chk

He has torpedoes left. Not a big torpedo fan! Oh sweet Lord! You Tide guys!! :gn

I read his split. He hasn't tried one yet. I guess no one has in nearly 2 years... :r

He has torpedoes left. Not a big torpedo fan! Oh sweet Lord! You Tide guys!! :gn

I read his split. He hasn't tried one yet. I guess no one has in nearly 2 years... :r
So lop an inch off and call it a belicoso.:ss

See you in Atlanta. ;)

That's why I said PM the guy who had some. I just left out the "ask him how he likes them" part. :D

You Clemson guys...:chk

The description makes it sound like a really good smoke...I'm thinking of picking up a fiver myself.

btw GO DAWGS! :gn:gn:gn

Wow,
This is my favorite cigar right now. I don't know if you've tried the CI legends series Patels but they kinda taste like a very smooth, rich version of them.

This cigar is so smooth that you can't believe it's a maduro. I can compare it to a 5 Vegas A series in terms of smoke volume and smoothness.

I just got a box and have several more that I got on C-bid as part of the double shot samplers (the cheapest way to get them)

The ones I have right now from c-bid are still a little dry but have been in the humi a week or so geting acclimated.

I can always send you one to try...

Do you have anything that's interesting to try???
:ss:ss

More on the taste...

I would call it exceedingly smooth but rich. Very silky and chocolately on every drag with large volumes of thick, heavy smoke. Some earthy, rich, coffee or espresso tastes mixed in. Some slight spiciness near the end but totally smokeable all the way to a tiny nub. Very satisfying after a big meal.

Very consistent through several cigars, they all taste very similar. a couple of times I got a slightly harsh start but they always settle into the most creamy, tasty maduro I've ever had.

The outer wrapper is super thin and delicate. The cigar likes high humidity and if dry, it flakes very easily. Very easy draw but holds a very tight ash as all patels seem to do. Burns very very even.

I've had a couple of toros. The flavor is med-full. Coffee and leather. Small spice. Fuller finish than 1990's. A stick I really enjoyed. Hope this helped.:ss

PM sent ot you Steeler. Thanks a million for the chance to try one!

I'll post a review and wil try to do a comparison to the 90 and 92s.

PM sent to you Steeler. Thanks a million for the chance to try one!

I'll post a review and wil try to do a comparison to the 90 and 92s.

No problem. I'll send you out a fav-five and see if we have similar tastes!!

Can't wait to see how much you like them.

I was almost thinking I just shot myself in the foot cuz when everyone tries them, they'll be much more $$ on c-bid!!!!
:r

Back