RP Edge Maduro Sixty

illinoishoosier

Will Whore for Cigars
Decided I wanted to live life on "The Edge" tonight. I had smoked a samller version of this cigar as my second cigar ever, and it laid me out. I thought I had learned enough here over the last 5 months, that I could handle this big 6 x 60 Edge with no problem....I was right!:ss

Here is the beast on death row.
rpedge004.jpg

It was tough to light and then had some burn issues as you can see below. It had a nice "cigar" aroma. A subtle spicy leather taste and it smelled a little like charcoal on the grill. (this is a good thing!)
rpedge005.jpg

rpedge007.jpg

Ash was looking good except that damn funky burn.
rpedge008.jpg

cigar poo...I hate when this happens
rpedge009.jpg

started to get that nice buzz feeling here, but it was a good buzz this time.
rpedge010.jpg

Flavor is pretty consistent so far. Lots of creamy smoke.
Ash looks nice here. Salt n pepper and flaky.
rpedge011.jpg

Because of three touch ups, it started burning little harsh and started to tatse ashy, so I let it die here.
rpedge012.jpg

Very nice smoke. have one more stowed away that will age a little more. This one only had two weeks on it.

I give it 4 out of 5.
:ss:ss:ss:ss

post 400 yipee!!

Last edited:
Great review. I've had very minor burn problems with the Missile and Torpedos but nothing like what the pictures show.

I really, really like the Edge Maduros. I've tried the Edge "Off-color" from Holt's side by side with a regular Edge Maduro and can't tell the difference. I think the next new stick will be the Edge Corojo.

I love the Battalion Edge. It's quite a smoke and will easily consume the better part of a couple hours.

Great review :tu Were you smoking it too fast? That would be an easy reason for the burn issues.

I love the Battalion Edge. It's quite a smoke and will easily consume the better part of a couple hours.

Great review :tu Were you smoking it too fast? That would be an easy reason for the burn issues.

I don;t think so. It took nearly two hours to get down and I was making a concious (sp) effort to go slow so the nic buzz wouldn't kill me.

Great review. I have a couple of these babies laying around. I think you inspired me to give it a try.

I have also had many burn problems with the edge but never a taste problem and that's why I keep coming back.

Back