RP Fusion Double MM Torpedo!!

Grumpy Dano

Lost In The Jungle
I saw where this was already reviewed earlier on the board but I had one recently and took some pics, & I thought Id let ya know what it was like as well: I am totally new to reviewing, and I am a newb to smoking as well, just less than one year, but I am constantly looking for the good ones out there on a limited budget, and thats all the more reason to read and share what my results were, as I have a lot of making up to do....:tu

090808-1.jpg

Smoked it outside around 10pm on my sons deck, beautiful partly cloudy skies and a very full moon a couple of weeks ago.

I really liked the pre-lite feel to it, solid but not too firm. Good pre-lite smell as well, it looked *chewy* for sure. It is a dark , one of those oily looking stogies, and you could tell by the appearance why they call it *toothy*.

It toasted well and lit right up and the first few draws were full of rich smoke, somewhat creamy, and not too different from a toasty wood taste and never a hint of harshness through the first inch or so.

090808-2.jpg

The ash was near perfect, good light grey color and very sturdy. It held the ash well, and as with my expertience with stronger smokes, the longer the ash the smoother and cooler the draw is. The first third didnt change much, but it seemed like I got a hint of the chocolate/coffee flavor, but it was just a hint and never over powering.

090808-3.jpg

090808-4.jpg

Middle way through I definately got the peppery flavor and the cocoa/expresso, but it was woodsy or cedary. I have a hard time telling the woodsy flavors, as i am just learning but there was definately a woodsy lean to the peppery flavors left on my tounge. Again I found it not to bad at all and seemed to be gaining a subtle strength, yet not over powering and to me, alluring as hell as I just wanted the smoke to linger as long as I could stand it. And I am learning more and more about the nasal technique and this was also enjoyable.

It definately is a slow buring smoke. Never went out and I never rushed it. I hate that by the way. It seem if you have to rush a smoke you miss at least half the enjoyment.

090808-5.jpg

As you can see it never had an irregular burn to it, and the ash held in place nicely and at this point the nub was still not over powering in heat or strength. I just didnt want to put this one down at all.

I would rate this a definate 9.0 and thats begin consrevative, but I really liked it a lot. The taste, the changes, the creaminess, the prelite aroma, the basic feel of it throughout the full smoke, was at all times very enjoyable to me. I will grab some more of these for my humi!!! :tu

-Dan

090808-1.jpg

I grabbed a box of these about a month ago at cbid, haven't smoked one yet.
I'm very much looking forward to it now. :)
Thanks for the review!!!

Back