RP REO Chairman

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
I received the REO Chairman about 2 months ago when I was at the B&M. Never really heard that much about them, although I have seen them mentioned on CS a few times.

Some internet searching found this:

REO cigars are well aged, long filler, bursting with rich flavor. This is one smooth smoke which offers you a medium to full bodied with a good looking slight boxed press.

I smoked the this one (well, most of it....its pretty cold outside to smoke for about an hour) and here's my review.

Size: Chairman (6x58)
Wrapper: Costa Rican
Full-Bodied box pressed
Had to use a knife, as none of my cutters could fit this massive RG.

First impressions: Before even lighting up, I knew this would be a full flavored smoke. Just touching this stick to my lips made them tingle. I'm more of a medium flavored person, but wanted to try this one out. First few puffs were very peppery, with slight hints of leather.

Middle: Pepper is still present in taste, although not as heavy. Leather taste is still very present, with hints of coffee and cocoa. This smoke is still a bit more fuller than I would usually choose.

Last: I didn't quite finish this stick, but it continued to burn well and evenly. Ash was a dark grey with white accents and held firm. There are many different full bodied flavors to this stick, but I just didn't want to bear the cold to stick around and find out. I probably would have enjoyed this stick with warmer weather and a good meal.

My grades:
Construction - 8
Ash - 8
Flavor - 8 (if you like full flavor smokes)
Burn - 9

Final thoughts: Wasn't a bad smoke, just a bit much for me. This was also the largest REO that they make, and was a bit long for me. Some internet searching found that these average about $5-$7 a smoke, which is probably the price I would have guessed.

Nice review! I'm not that big of a fan of Patel but this blend in the REO's is one on my favorite's. I usually don't go for bigger rg cigars but this is one I do. To me, they have a rich and refined nature that appeals to me as do other lines by EO Brands. Definatly not one to have in the cold though! :r

NCRadioMan first got me started on these and I have had a box of these and a box of the robustos. I really like the blend as well and they are quite tasty.

scottie

nice review

Nice Review, I'll have to keep my eye out for this one as Im a sucker for full bodied smokes. Does the 10 mi Outlet carry them?

I like these, a pretty good cigar, REO is a brand of United Tobacco owned by Erik Espinosa and Eddie Ortega, two really nice guys.

Had to use a knife, as none of my cutters could fit this massive RG.
You really gotta invest in a punch cutter. It's the only way to tackle the monster-sized RGs. The 58 RG might call for two punches. And, for me, the cut is superior because the cap stays perfectly round and smooth which feels better in the mouth. I still use my Palio for cigars with a tapered head though. :2

Nice review. I've got a couple robustos resting in the humi.

Back