RP Sun Grown

yellowgoat

ChestBeater
I've been wanting one for a week or so now and I found one at the bottom of my humi.

So,I'm smoking it and it is bland with a bitter bite. It's been in the humi for about four/five months at 65/65.

What gives? Is it because it hasn't been moved at all for that time?

Maybe just a bumstick. I've had several and find them to be one of my favorite RPs.

Don't give up on em yet, try another.:tu

This is my favoritte sun grown, I have had several and not had the bland taste you describe, crazy!,,, could be a bumb stick:confused:

Maybe just a bumstick. I've had several and find them to be one of my favorite RPs.

Don't give up on em yet, try another.:tu

No...I love them! It was the last of a box.

Thats why I ask. I never had one that was bland and bitter like this.
I'm still smoking it hoping it'll snap out of it...Think I'm fooling myself.

Cheers!

I'm not a fan. I decided, after my first box, that I would not order any more but, I did. I wanted to give 'em a second try as many BOTLs here like them.
I was disappointed again. The finish is, to me, what I can only describe as long and dusty and the blending leaves much to be desired. Tates like a cheap cigar to me.
It's not because it's a sun grown that I don't like it. It's because of the taste.
I do like the Ashton sun growns. :dr MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ah, sometimes you get one like that. I generally don't give up on something I know I have liked unless it happens several times in a row (of course under ideal conditions).

Unlucky I guess. Had to be my last one. Kind of funny the way that happens.

Thanks for all your input everyone!

Cheers!

As cigars age they evaporate ammonia and nicotine. 4-5 months in a humidified environment will normally lead to a sick period. The way to tell is if the foot of the cigar smell different, particularly with an ammonia scent.

The sick period is when the tobacco (a lot of pepin's get shipped during their sick period so I hear) gives off a lot of ammonia like smells. They just need to rest more. I got a box of CAO America's as a gift and they were in their sick period-- smell like horse dung for about 3 months.

Back