RP Sungrown 6 x 60 = WOW!!!

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
So I walk into work today at the cigar shop, and an old friend is in towm from Florida. He hands me this Rocky Patel Sungrown 6 x 60 and says, "Enjoy."

This is a beautiful cigar. Fantastic looking dark brown wrapper...right in between a natural and a maduro color. I look at the head and find a cute little pigtail that I can't wait to cut off.

**snip snip**

Pre-draw is very tastey, and surpizing loose. Very little resistance. I light this guy and get TONS of rich spicy smoke. I hold the cigar in my hand after my first draw, and I swear more smoke is pouring out the head than the foot :dr The spice dies sown pretty quickly, and I'm getting a lot of great rich flavor. The cigar has hints of earthy coffee tones to it that I am loving.

I am writing this in preasent tense because I am still smoking it right now. I am about 45 mins into it with roughy 3 inches to go. The burn is perfect. No touch ups needed at all, I cannot remember having had a cigar that burned this evenly.

WOW!!

If you have access to this cigar, I HIGHLY recomend you buy a stick or twelve...it will be worth every penny!!

I have to agree with your review of the RP Sungrown. These are fantastic cigars. If you liked this Sungrown you should really try the Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente Sun Grown.

You just made my day!!! That is a must have cigar. I didn't know they made the 6x60 sungrown. AWESOME!!! Enjoy that is a wonderful smoke.

I have to agree with your review of the RP Sungrown. These are fantastic cigars. If you liked this Sungrown you should really try the Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente Sun Grown.

I just priced a box of those today, so they are now on the shelves. I'll have to bust into one tomorrow.

I agree about the RP Sungrown. Just had my first torpedo a few days ago and it was great. The 6x60 sounds like one I would REALLY like!
Enjoy!

Won a 5 pack of these on cbid last night for 15 bucks and look forward to trying them for the first time.

These are a "stand-out" cigar...much more flavor than the other RPs and are in a class of their own. :ss

These are a "stand-out" cigar...much more flavor than the other RPs and are in a class of their own. :ss

I agree. These and the Connecticut are my favorite in the line (well...Olde World Reserves are amazing, but in a catagory of their own IMO)

The Sungrown, with its great coffee flavors, would go GREAT with a cup of Tristan's home-roasted beans!!

Thanks for the review.
Have not yet been lucky enough to try the 60,
but have not been let down by a RP SG yet.

Will have to look out for them.
:tu:tu

Thanks for the great review! I just ordered a box of these on recommendations alone... and I don't normally do that. I need to write Rocky and see if he will adopt me... :ss

I had one of the 60's and loved it but I think with the loose draw a cutter is too much. Try a punch (as I did on my 2nd one) and prepare for a WONDERFUL smoke! That's WONDERFUL with a capitol W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L AND AN !

I've always enjoyed the Sungrown. Becasue of this thread I ran out yesterday and picked up a Sixty. It really is a great smoke. It lasted me over 2 hours! It actually had a nice sweat coffee taste in the last third, surprising to me because of the size. I figured all that smoke being drawn through over the course of two hours would make it a bit bitter, but I found just the opposite. Now I am going to have to move asside some of my other RP's to make room for big daddy!

Great to hear! I have got eight of these sticks sitting in my humi and haven't gotten around to smoking them yet. Tomorrow sounds like the day though! Thanks for the heads up!

Man I've got to stay the heck away from all these glowing reviews(at least for a while) because my next stop is likely to be The Devil Site.

Nevertheless, a very well written informative review, and with any luck at all, I'll be giving one a try sometime in the next 2 weeks. They sound too good to pass up.:tu

Thanks again for posting your review.:tu:ss

F. Prefect

Back