Rp The Edge Maduro

leasingthisspace

4 chat go to extras
Well I just came in from outside sitting on the steps. Tonight I went to THE EDGE. I want to THANK TIDEFAN73 again for the chance to review some great smokes. I try and not read others reviews of a cigar right before I smoke it because I think I may not give it a good chance to stand on it's own. I plan on reading others take on this cigar after I type this to hear how other felt about it now that I have smoked one.

Looking at it in my hand it was a shiny oily wrap. It was a firm stick with no soft spots. Prelit draw was easy and almost tasted sweet.

After I lit it the taste was a swirl of slightly earthy, leathery, nutty, bitter sweet chocolate. It even had a hint of spicy. It was so very tasty. After the first couple draws the nuttiness and the bitter chocolate where the two strongest flavors. The aftertaste was mellow.

About the halfway mark the earthy flavor came back in to play. I liked the way the flavors kind of took turns without one ever taking over.

On the last third the flavors got a little stronger, and the aftertaste was a little stronger but it was very good. When I had about 2 inches left I relized the it was going to end soon but I didn't want it to. I knew I was going to end up with hot fingers soon because I didn't want to put it down. Blisters heal fast right?

I am sad to say it had a firey death about 1 hour and 10 minutes into its life. The ash was dark grey almost like light coal. It broke on its own around 1 and half inches long. The ash curved a little at first but then it went straight.

I am not sure if I was rolling it around when I smoked it or not but I did hae to do a little touch up with the lighter but nothing to bad.

I liked this cigar alot. It had lots of flavors without one flavor ever really taking the lead. I am going to need to get some of this. To give it a number I would have to say 9 out of 10. I liked it alot only wished it lasted longer.

Well I just came in from outside sitting on the steps. Tonight I went to THE EDGE. I want to THANK TIDEFAN73 again for the chance to review some great smokes. I try and not read others reviews of a cigar right before I smoke it because I think I may not give it a good chance to stand on it's own. I plan on reading others take on this cigar after I type this to hear how other felt about it now that I have smoked one.

Looking at it in my hand it was a shiny oily wrap. It was a firm stick with no soft spots. Prelit draw was easy and almost tasted sweet.

After I lit it the taste was a swirl of slightly earthy, leathery, nutty, bitter sweet chocolate. It even had a hint of spicy. It was so very tasty. After the first couple draws the nuttiness and the bitter chocolate where the two strongest flavors. The aftertaste was mellow.

About the halfway mark the earthy flavor came back in to play. I liked the way the flavors kind of took turns without one ever taking over.

On the last third the flavors got a little stronger, and the aftertaste was a little stronger but it was very good. When I had about 2 inches left I relized the it was going to end soon but I didn't want it to. I knew I was going to end up with hot fingers soon because I didn't want to put it down. Blisters heal fast right?

I am sad to say it had a firey death about 1 hour and 10 minutes into its life. The ash was dark grey almost like light coal. It broke on its own around 1 and half inches long. The ash curved a little at first but then it went straight.

I am not sure if I was rolling it around when I smoked it or not but I did hae to do a little touch up with the lighter but nothing to bad.

I liked this cigar alot. It had lots of flavors without one flavor ever really taking the lead. I am going to need to get some of this. To give it a number I would have to say 9 out of 10. I liked it alot only wished it lasted longer.

I'm glad to read this. I just blind bought a box of these! Was already making plans to trade some out!

I don't care for these fresh but after a year, these really start to shine. They turn into a different, better cigar. Good review.

Back