RP Vintage 2nds?

kansashat said:
These any good?

I've smoked the firsts & found the '92's to be more to my tastes.

I had no problem with the few I had. Had a couple fo the 92s and 1 of the 90s. All had very good burn and construction that I could see. Tastes very similar if not identical to the 1sts. And how can you beat the price? Get a 5er if you can. I think you'll find them worth it if you like the RP stuff!

Dam good smoke for the money Ive been picking up 15 packs for around 30.00 on cbid .The 92 vintage torpedos came box pressed but the 90 vintage robusto didnt :mad: . Ive smoked the full price ones and really couldnt taste a difference either. A few of the robustos Ive smoked needed some coaching to keep them burning good but not anything that was all that bad

Hey Hat, I picked up a bundle of 15 of each when they were on sale at CI for $25 per. I like em, find em very similar to the real thing. Haven't tried the '92 yet, but I like the 90s. PM your addy, and I'll send you a few of each. Be warned though, they're gonna need some rest. They're sitting in my "dry" humi right now, cuz I have no more storage, they're resting at about 60%, waiting to be re-humidified once I get my other humi back.

illuminatus said:
Hey Hat, I picked up a bundle of 15 of each when they were on sale at CI for $25 per. I like em, find em very similar to the real thing. Haven't tried the '92 yet, but I like the 90s. PM your addy, and I'll send you a few of each. Be warned though, they're gonna need some rest. They're sitting in my "dry" humi right now, cuz I have no more storage, they're resting at about 60%, waiting to be re-humidified once I get my other humi back.

I appreciate the offer, but I've already got too many "children." I don't know why I'm buying, but have been on a freeze for a coupla months & it's just fun. Plus, I have so many sticks I don't really want to smoke & there are so many I haven't tried.......:confused:

Alan,

One of my regular herf buddies (joeleg on top25 reviews) has been ordering and smoking these for awhile and really likes them. I've had a few too, and the only thing I can see that would make them seconds is sloppy caps.

hog

I should have stated that in my first reply. I agree with the hog, the only problem I've noticed is bad caps too. Good draw, even burn, otherwise decent construction.

I like them. They are not to the quality standards of the labeled RP's and you might run across a plugged one once in a while but I think they are a good deal if you can get them for about $2.00 to $2.50 a stick. IMHO

Back