Ruined my night

mtb996

Gorilla
Playing in the main coolerdor and decided to pick out a good smoke for tonight and found this:

moldy.jpg

Sh*t! I had uncovered the cedar on a few a awhile back without problem. Now, all the still-cedared Anejos look like that. Bummer. Also, cause I am lucky like this, I stored my Cuban Monte A, Cohiba Esplendidos and Trinidad Fundadores in the same box (the box had some room in it). Yep, they also look a little moldy, but just barely. I wiped everything down and transferred to a random cedar box for the night (not in my cooler). I checked samples from every box in my cooler and it looks like nothing else was effected.

What's your recommendations? I know, wipe em and smoke em, but I cannot smoke 3 cubans and 10 Anejos tonight (...or can I...).

When I say "wipe 'em and smoke 'em", I mean you should wipe them down, quarantine them for a few days, and then return them to the humidor as if they were brand new (keep them in a separate box, though, just to be cautious).

The anejos this year have a mold problem. The cello should assist in preventing the mold from spreading. Just brush them off and your are good to go.

You'll be fine. If you start feeling a little sick from burning the mold off the cigars then i would be worried. Other than that, go for it!

My heart goes out to you. That makes me feel sick for you. However, this thread did go and make sure that all my stogies are mold free. Good luck smoking all those stogies.

Woogie

While waning in popularity with the onset of beads, 50/50 solution actually retards the growth of mold in your humidor. Mold spores don't like the presence of propylene glycol.

As mentioned by others, I don't think that's too terrible. They certainly aren't goners in my book. If they were dog rockets I might think twice, but not Anejos. Wipe, quarantine and enjoy on your own time.

I found the same thing a few days after buying my first Anejos. I wiped them down with some damp paper towel (dH20), followed by a few days in the freezer. Nothing has come back for months now... I smoked one tonight & the other is sitting in my cooler with my main stash. I wouldnt worry too much about them, but do keep a watch &/or quarantine if it will make you feel more comfortable.

Happened to me too.. that is why I remove all cello and cedar, it will not happen again.. I would just wipe them down and smoke them soon.. check the foot for mold too if there some there throw them away..

goodluck

Man that sucks! No matter how you look at it, or even if you can save them ....it still sucks. I had three sharks with the same problem, but not quite as bad. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Typically if a stick is cedar wrapped I'm pretty excited about it but more and more posts liek this have me worried.

Back