Rush Averts Humidor Disaster!! (And Rush's Recommendations)

yamaha6000

Free to Choose
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 height=3>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>RUSH: Boy, we had a major, major storm go through here last night. I, of course, at my fortress compound am well protected, well insulated except I keep finding things that had not been done. For example, I got surge protectors all over everything so nothing gets damaged. I've got a generator in case we go down. But last night, the humidor, it's a walk-in humidor, and the smoke-eater system in my library, the computer controls the air-conditioner, and that computer got hit, and it wasn't protected. I don't know how this was. I was hustling around last night taking cigars out of the humidor into the cooler part of the house because I didn't want to ruin them. They get bugs in them. The smoke eater wasn't working, so it was an emergency last night. Normally these kinds of things don't happen. I saw it on the radar. I saw it coming through. I knew it was going to be bad, it was cool, too. Right in the middle of the lightning -- did it hit where you were yesterday? You didn't even notice it, huh? Well, it was stunning.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#cccccc><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>
spc.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>
Rush's Cigar Recommendations

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
spc.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>RUSH: I smoke a variety of cigars. If you've just recently started, it probably means you prefer a mild cigar. I'm just going to give you names, because I don't want to get into sizes. That's a personal preference. I'm just going to give you brands and you go pick out the size you want. Between these brands you will find quality that a new cigar smoker will thoroughly enjoy.

Macanudo. It's very, very mild. (If you want something mild, you can't go wrong with it.)

► You also can't go wrong with Diamond Crown. They make some fabulous cigars. They're some great people out of Tampa.

► Any cigar by Arturo Fuente is terrific.

Partagas No. 10 is a good cigar.
(It's a little heavier than mild.)

Ashton VSG, Virgin Sun Grown, any size. It's Dominican.
► If you can find it in the Fuente line, find a Don Carlos.

Padròn from Nicaragua. They're fabulous cigars. They taste different than any other cigar I've ever had. Now, with Padrón you're dealing with Maduro cigars, really dark wrappers there and they can tend to be full-bodied, as it were. I don't want to say strong. I don't want to scare people away from them but everybody I've given a Padrón cigar to loves 'em.

La Flor Dominica Double Ligero - Chisel. Now, it is the strongest cigar I have ever smoked. Do you know how I use these? When I play in member guest golf tournaments I take these and I give these in a sign of friendship and sportsmanship to my opponents, and it loops 'em out. They get dizzy; they play horribly for two or three holes and sometimes that's all it takes. It's called a "chisel" because of the way it's rolled. It looks like a chisel at the end that you clip. It's made by Litto Gomez. He's a great guy.

Punch and Hoyo de Monterrey. It's a great line of cigars out of Honduras. (Not to be confused with the brands of the same name put out by communist-controlled Habanos s.a. of Castro's Cuba.)

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
spc.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=1 height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=544>► The Opus X by Fuente. It's tough to find, because the Opus X is a special cigar. It's the first cigar outside of Cuba [or as JFK pronounced it Cuber] where the wrapper, binder and filler are grown on the same plantation in the same country. The Fuentes have pulled it off, but they're very hard to find, and their distribution is -- I'm not sure what it is. If you can find one, good. Opus X is a great cigar

► The Ashton Cabinet selection is another great cigar.

Okay, I have to stop somewhere. I can't keep mentioning brand names here. I'm going to confuse everybody -- and if you're just a beginner, I don't want to overwhelm you. Now, I know a lot of people in the cigar business. (I'm big in the cigar business.) These people love me and when I start giving brands, I invariably forget some and they're hurt. I get e-mails, "You left me out, doofus!"

These are just suggestions.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
spc.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I got all of this from RushLimbaugh.com

As an avid Rush fan (better duck after saying that lol) I heard the same thing I thought it was pretty cool that he is into cigars but I guess I shuda known he seems like a cigar type guy. :gn

As an avid Rush fan (better duck after saying that lol) I heard the same thing I thought it was pretty cool that he is into cigars but I guess I shuda known he seems like a cigar type guy. :gn

Don't you ever hear him talking on his show about being surrounded by plumes of aromatic cigar smoke? Well, he used to say it all the time when I would listen to him. He loves cigars and hates the Democrats! My kinda guy!!! :u

Don't you ever hear him talking on his show about being surrounded by plumes of aromatic cigar smoke? Well, he used to say it all the time when I would listen to him. He loves cigars and hates the Democrats! My kinda guy!!! :u

ditto :tpd:

Yeah hes not all bad. A cigar lover can be on either side of the fence in my book. We can talk about anything but politics!

Rush knows his cigars.
:tu

While this may be, it is obvious that his priorities were not straight. He had everything ELSE in the house ready for an emergency BUT the Cigars. :D

I've got two humis, which are physically separated by at least 30 miles. One of them is contained within a 24x7x365 precisely controlled room within a building manned at night by guards. :gn

I don't have two humis because I need them. I have two because the old saying rings true. When preparing your inventory to be ready for anything, two is one, and one is none.

This also goes to show you that no matter how rich you are, and how extravagent your humi setup is, the K.I.S.S. principle holds true. Some RH Beads and a cooler would have probably held him over just fine. :ss

- Garilla

Rush smokes more expensive cigars than I do, probably owns more cigars than I do and has a much more elaborate humidor than I.

Without actually speaking to him, I'm pretty sure that I know more about cigars than Rush. I think many here in the Jungle know more about cigars than Rush.

Hmmm he might know a lot about cigars, but I think he knows more about how to score 10,000 oxycontin pills at a time.

Hey now all you Rush haters!!! I just thought this was interesting so I figured i'd post it. Its kinda neat to learn that there are well known people out there fighting the Pleasure Police for us! :bx

Hey now all you Rush haters!!! I just thought this was interesting so I figured i'd post it. Its kinda neat to learn that there are well known people out there fighting the Pleasure Police for us! :bx

I'm just kidding.
I don't hate him. In fact I used to listen to his show daily.

Rush smokes more expensive cigars than I do, probably owns more cigars than I do and has a much more elaborate humidor than I.

Without actually speaking to him, I'm pretty sure that I know more about cigars than Rush. I think many here in the Jungle know more about cigars than Rush.

You'd be surprised at what he actually does know. I've heard him speak about cigars many times on his show and he's no dummy. He's met just about all the big time makers and visits them often. Money does that sorta thing for you.

Here's what I don't get. He is in FL, I am in FL. It's hot right now, but unlike myself, I bet you Rush has the A/C system and the $ to keep his house very cool. Big guy like him, 68 degrees year roundand that is probably a bit too warm. So he loses power to the humi room and is running to save his cigars. With that logic, my house that probably right now is 78 and will get up to 82 before I get home must be infested with beatles and all of my cigars will be dead.

You'd be surprised at what he actually does know. I've heard him speak about cigars many times on his show and he's no dummy. He's met just about all the big time makers and visits them often. Money does that sorta thing for you.

Nahh, I'm sure he knows as much about cigars as the guys I meet in the Herfs every so often. I've met a bunch of the big cigar people. I haven't gone to the Dom. Rep. to visit Fuente, so he's got me there.

It's funny that he recommends the Honduran Punch and Hoyo de Monterrey. He wasn't as sniffy about "communist-controlled Habanos s.a. of Castro's Cuba" in his Cigar Aficionado interview.

"I have always been interested in getting the best that I could afford, whatever it is. So I was just dying to taste some of these Cubans. I was reading all about the Cohibas and the Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas. And then I went to London last September with the same friend who had the pre-Castro Montecristos.''

Limbaugh stayed at the Connaught Hotel, "and I got up on a Friday morning and walked across the street to Desmond Sautter's. And I was in heaven.'' The store didn't have any Hoyos, he says, "but they had some Punch Double Coronas and Partagas Lusitanias and Montecristo No. 2's. And I tried them. And I don't care what anybody says. I know it's a matter of taste, but as far as I'm concerned, this is something that not even the Communists have been able to screw up. It's the best tobacco in the world. There's no comparison. This is not to put anybody else's down. I've looked into it. I've studied it. It's like Bordeaux grapes. You can try growing them in California, but they're not the same. They've taken Cuban seed to Jamaica and Honduras, but it just isn't the same.''

More...

It's funny that he recommends the Honduran Punch and Hoyo de Monterrey. He wasn't as sniffy about "communist-controlled Habanos s.a. of Castro's Cuba" in his Cigar Aficionado interview.
"I have always been interested in getting the best that I could afford, whatever it is. So I was just dying to taste some of these Cubans. I was reading all about the Cohibas and the Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas. And then I went to London last September with the same friend who had the pre-Castro Montecristos.''

Limbaugh stayed at the Connaught Hotel, "and I got up on a Friday morning and walked across the street to Desmond Sautter's. And I was in heaven.'' The store didn't have any Hoyos, he says, "but they had some Punch Double Coronas and Partagas Lusitanias and Montecristo No. 2's. And I tried them. And I don't care what anybody says. I know it's a matter of taste, but as far as I'm concerned, this is something that not even the Communists have been able to screw up. It's the best tobacco in the world. There's no comparison. This is not to put anybody else's down. I've looked into it. I've studied it. It's like Bordeaux grapes. You can try growing them in California, but they're not the same. They've taken Cuban seed to Jamaica and Honduras, but it just isn't the same.''

More...

I kinda miss your point!!??:confused:

I also enjoy CC's, and think they have advantages over many NC's. OTOH, I also have a lot of NC's that I recommend, maintain, smoke, and will not quite smoking just because I happen to have CCs that I also enjoy (even some with the same names i.e. Punch, LGC, Montes...). If you are pointing to a possible double standard as your point, then I agree that Rush has a double standard for CCs and NCs. But then again, I think that is probably true of a VERY large majority of members here:D.

As to Rush's plight: I wish I had a walk in humi so I could work on ways to protect it from power outages and lightening strikes! Isn't capitalism great that people can actually reach the financial stage to be able to afford such luxuries! Maybe one day I will have that ability!

Back